Zt 920

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Razor, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Razor

Razor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Anyone have one? I have always like Les George knives and his ZT's collabrations. I wonder if this is going to be another good one like the 909? I like the 909 so good I had to get a spare.LOL

2. Gideons

Gideons Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Nope, I also have no intention of getting one either. Don't like the design, but then again I didn't like the 0909 so maybe his designs just aren't for me.

3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Talking about rain on the parade. Mind sharing what you dont like about Les George design?

4. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    Not sure it has hit the market yet

5. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    kershawguy has it in stock.

6. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    Love it. Hell of a knife. [​IMG]

Brian77 likes this.
  7. Mingecutter

Mingecutter

Sep 7, 2011
    This one's on my radar too, Ray. Big fan of Les. His knives are always very ergonomic for me...just a pleasure to use. They're made to be put to work!

8. jill jackson

jill jackson

Sep 5, 2006
    [​IMG]

9. jill jackson

jill jackson

Sep 5, 2006
    [​IMG]

10. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    I'm my favorite Les ZT yet..

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

11. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    This is the Les George ZT I will get. I passed up on the 900 and 909 as I just felt they werent for me. The 900 was too similar in point of use to my Spyderco Techno. The 920 looks too good to pass up. I love the design. It sort of reminds me of my Lionsteel Sr1 and Lionspy.

12. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    its really growing on me. I wasn't sure I liked the grips, but I may give it a closer look later this year. The 909 is my favorite ZT.

13. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I love Les George designs, and this is IMO the best looking knife from ZT to date. The re curve is holding me back from getting one, but I may eventually pick one up and have it reprofiled.

14. Popsickle

Popsickle

Jul 25, 2010
    I loved the 0909 but it was on the heavy side and the grip was a tad thick to the point i would get hot spots on heavy usage.... otherwise fantastic knife. The 0920 fixes that with a slimmer handle and deceptively light weight overall package for such a large folder. I know it's currently a new toy, but it's been in my pocket since I received it. It carries great.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. ginaz

ginaz

Apr 19, 2001
    i'd sworn off zt's and flippers but this one is very appealing!

16. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    Could someone please show a close up size comparison between 0920 and 0560/1?

17. Rival1314

Rival1314 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2012
    my .02

[video=youtube;lraNFmTVDc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lraNFmTVDc0[/video]

Includes a comparison with the 0560 and the new 0850

18. Gideons

Gideons Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Well, I only know these two designs. But, the 0909 is a linerlock and IMO a tough knife of 7.5 oz should be a frame lock. It also lacks jimping. The ZT 0920 is a good weight, but I don't like full ti knives, isn't aesthetically pleasing to me, lacks traction, jimping, not sure if the grooves in the ti handles are for traction or looks but both fail for me. Also the clip on the 0920 is ridiculous. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on the design, it isn't horrid just nothing special in my opinion.

19. Polynikes01

Polynikes01

Dec 31, 2016
    One of my top 3 favorite ZTs that I've handled. I haven't gotten to play with all too many of them maybe 7 or 8, but this is a very nice knife.
    I think it feels lighter than what you'd expect from full Ti handles.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Jan 9, 2006
    I'd like to see that blade shape in the 0909 frame with carbon fiber scales.:thumbup: