4 Cold Steel knives the everyman should have

If a person could only have 4 knives this pretty much covers you. This is my first ever post so maybe I will discover this forum is mostly about folding knives, but choosing more than 2 folders makes zero sense to me.

1.) Safe Maker 2 (or Urban Edge)
2.) Recon 1
3.) Trail Master (or Recon Scout)
4.) Tai Pan (or Magnum Tanto 7.5” or 9”)

If a person could only have 4 knives this pretty much covers you. This is my first ever post so maybe I will discover this forum is mostly about folding knives, but choosing more than 2 folders makes zero sense to me.

1.) Safe Maker 2 (or Urban Edge)
2.) Recon 1
3.) Trail Master (or Recon Scout)
4.) Tai Pan (or Magnum Tanto 7.5” or 9”)
Well rounded choices man. Nice first post. :)

Dont know why this thread made it to my feed but I'd like to throw in my two cents, with my limited time with Cold Steel knives

1) Tuff Lite
2) Pocket Bushman
3) SR1-Lite
4) Large Luzon

Tuff lite for most work, Pocket Bushman for bigger work, SR1-Lite for tougher work, and Large Luzon cause you need something impressive! LoL

Dont know why this thread made it to my feed but I'd like to throw in my two cents, with my limited time with Cold Steel knives

1) Tuff Lite
2) Pocket Bushman
3) SR1-Lite
4) Large Luzon

Tuff lite for most work, Pocket Bushman for bigger work, SR1-Lite for tougher work, and Large Luzon cause you need something impressive! LoL

+1 on the Luzon, would love to see a premium version of this knife, would buy.

1) Tuff Lite
2) Pocket Bushman
3) SR1-Lite
4) Large Luzon

Holy necro thread Batman. Just joking, I appreciate you.

Cool list man. Check out classic Cold Steel’s fixed blades too. They’re well worth it at decent prices. I still have my SRK and Recon Tanto with me.

Has anyone mentioned the SRK-C yet?
Don’t have the C but I have the standard SRK. IMO, the standard SRK is plenty compact enough as a jack of all trades knife. The C is smaller, but either of those knives won’t fit in your pocket anyway.

I’d take the regular SRK as a belt knife.

Holy necro thread Batman. Just joking, I appreciate you.

Cool list man. Check out classic Cold Steel’s fixed blades too. They’re well worth it at decent prices. I still have my SRK and Recon Tanto with me.
Ive considered multiple and there are a bunch on my wish list. What sucks is in California, cant carry a fixed blade concealed, but no limit to length of a folder. So ive carried the large Luzon before. But overall, i think my first folder will probably be the SRK to match with my SR1- Lite 😀

Back