Big ass knives...bowie, survival, combat, bushcraft...just big ass knives!

fixiefiberfofri_zpstqrp1nns.jpg

disproportionate_zpsh9nnul9x.jpg

Big enough?

My favorite point types on knives are Drop-point and straight- point such as Gil Hibben's Old West Toothpick style knife from The Expendables movies.

And then I also like what they call Modified Clip Point. I think this style pertains to this knives that mainly have a clip point tip...But then another grind is added to make them less curvy, to take away some of the "Dip" in the point.

I don't like or care for those knives that have that deep clip point type grind at the tip. You know, those knives that have the deep dip in the curve. I just don't care for those types of points on knives. That's just my personal dislike though...And has no bearing on the performance of those knives at All! And I would say the small dip that the Rambo Mission knife has, I'm fine with that style. But that is just about my limit in the blade curve. Nothing deeper than that.

And I don't care for tanto tipped knives! Again though, a personal dislike. Although I heard that knives with tanto points are extremely strong and practical...And very good for utility knives! But still, I just cannot get into them though! I like for a knife to look like just That...a Knife!!

But despite my personal likes and dislikes, there are lots of people who love the deep clip point Bowie knives and that also love the tanto point!! And ultimate, it is all about what a person likes and/ or dislikes about a knife! And I don't think anyone ought to be put down or mocked for about Anything...but Especially for what they like in their Big Ass Knives.

PS...One of my faults is that sometimes my posts are rather long, just like the one I just posted, LOL. Another fault I have is that sometimes I start repeating myself.

I apologize ahead of time for these things. Trust me, I am working on them. And from here on out I will try my best to keep any posts of mine short and sweet, and non-repetitive. LOL OK guys?

Here are some more big ass knives. Fiddleback machete, RTAK, Browning and Buckmaster. Also some big ass knife action, video.
Scott

BAK_zpsujxvd29m.jpg

[video=youtube;juiCEVGd-TY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiCEVGd-TY[/video]

Here is another of my Big Ass Knives. It's a handmade 10" D2 Steel hollow handle knife that resembles the Model 18 by Randall Made Knives. I love Randall knives esp the looks of the Model 18.

But it just has a 7.5" blade and, while I do have a couple of knives in the 7" to 7.5" blade range, I really just prefer knives with 8" or more...Up to 13"!

And so when I saw this one being offered, I bought it. And it is one Big Ass Knife I tell ya. High quality and hardcore!

Here are some more big ass knives. Fiddleback machete, RTAK, Browning and Buckmaster. Also some big ass knife action, video.
Scott

BAK_zpsujxvd29m.jpg

[video=youtube;juiCEVGd-TY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiCEVGd-TY[/video]

Hey...Thanks Scott! Feel free to.post more videos here! Awesome knife Ives by the way, and with much history behind that Buckmaster 184!!

Hey...Thanks Scott! Feel free to.post more videos here! Awesome knife Ives by the way, and with much history behind that Buckmaster 184!!

Thanks! Here's the other BBT 2.0 S7 steel video.
Scott

[video=youtube;_bHt60OBTFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bHt60OBTFk[/video]

Scott I just watched your video. Man that is one outstanding demonstration. I'm really wanting a knife made with A2 steel...even if just one to say I have one. LOL! Just can't find anyone offering A2 steel for custom knives.

But I'm sure they're out there. I did hear however, that A2 and D2 steel are so close in high end quality that they're almost considered Equal! Still though, I sure would like to have a Big Ass Knife made with A2 steel one day soon!

On the high carbon side of knives, 1095 and 5160 are my choices! I like the Japanese SK-5 too. But even as good as SK-5 is, it's still not as good as 1095 high carbon steel. And the 5160? Ohh man...Very very strong high carbon steel!!

Thanks appreciate that. If you like 5160, you'll love 80CRV2. I work with that too. That is some super tough carbon steel. A2 is my favorite steel. S7 is off the charts as far as toughness . It's unreal. Stops a magnum handgun round. LOL
Scott

Here's a couple I made in S7... Indoor Problem Solver and Close Quarters Indoor Problem Solver.

Martin MCEII

Randall Model 18

Kizlyar Survivalist X

Chris Reeve Knives Green Beret 7

Israeli Dustar ARAD 1

Now That's what I'm talkin' about!!! Big Badass Knife right here now!! Congrats man!! This is just plain AWESUM!!

Thanks buddy! Love the enthusiasm here, lots of great blades coming out.

Here's an older pic of my 1111 :thumbup:

28artoz.jpg

Martin MCEII

Randall Model 18

Kizlyar Survivalist X

Chris Reeve Knives Green Beret 7

Israeli Dustar ARAD 1

I have 2 of the 5 knives you are showing here. I have the MCE II by Martin Knives too. It's made with S35VN Stainless steel.

I also have the Kizlyar Survival X knife as.well. Man, that knife is like dynamite in a small package. My Kizlyar X is made with D2 steel. They also make one with AUS 8 steel too!

Great Great knives buddy! I also have a few really Big Ass Indoor Problem Solvers too!! One of them I designed and named it KING KONG! I will post pics of it in a little while!

Told you guys I'd be back with more knife pics! Heheh! Here is the Very First Handmade Sly II Hollow handle survival knife made by Andrew Clifford of Andrew Clifford Knives also ACK Knives! Since this knife, Andy has made quite a few of these...both Numbered And Un-Numbered!!

It's not an exact copy of the Jimmy Lile Original Sly II, mainly because Andy stated that he is not a fan of the Split serrations concept. He believes that the solid serrations are much better and keeps the knife stronger as opposed to the Split ones!!

I both agree And disagree with that. But still, Andy does make some awesome knives!! I've had this one for about 4 years now and have used it over and over Continuously!!

I mean after all, sure ya wanna keep beautiful handmade knives like this looking beautiful. But at the same time what good is a high end handmade knife if you aren't going to Use it.

If you want to buy knives for Show, Wall Hanging, or Display Only...then you could spend less money and get cheaper knives just for that purpose.

Now I'm not saying you should just take your $800 handmade knife out and mistreat it and/or just try to demolish it.

But I'm just saying that "Hey, ya bought a Big Ass High Quality Knife that makes one Awesome utility knife or knife to use on your next camping/ hiking trip..So why not use it if ya wanna??!! Don't be afraid to Use a knife! After all, that is what it's for!!

And after each use, clean and/or lubricate your Big Ass Knife's blade, guard, handle, etc...And keep it clean. Maybe run it over the sharpening stone once or twice. You Can use your knife and yet still keep it looking Showroom beautiful!

Knives are meant and made to be used...Soo...Use Them! THAT'S AN ORDER!! HAHAHAHAHA JUST KIDDIN'!!

Here is my handmade MCE II Hollow Handle Knife Made By Newt Martin Of Martin Knives!!

See guys...I told ya I had one! LOL

Now here is my Pride And Joy Folks...Another one of my.Big Ass Knives...My Handmade First Blood movie knife made by Ray Matton! D2 steel blade and guard...420 stainless steel handle, T6061 endcap... hardened aluminum NASA grade!!

Ray did make a sheath for his knives ife too but I used that sheath for another handmade First Blood movie knife.

This sheath is designed by me and handmade by sheath maker Bob Schrap! Bob does absolutely Stunning and Amazing sheath work!

I will post more pics of my Big Ass Knives in a few days. Right now though, I want to give others the chance and time to post pics of Their knives! So please, post those Pucs...And if you know someone who has big knives or any knife for the matter...Please...By all means tell them their Pucs are most welcome here!

Now here is my Pride And Joy Folks...Another one of my.Big Ass Knives...My Handmade First Blood movie knife made by Ray Matton! D2 steel blade and guard...420 stainless steel handle, T6061 endcap... hardened aluminum NASA grade!!

Ray did make a sheath for his knives ife too but I used that sheath for another handmade First Blood movie knife.

This sheath is designed by me and handmade by sheath maker Bob Schrap! Bob does absolutely Stunning and Amazing sheath work!

Very nice. Custom hollow handles are always cool

Back