Elusive Schrades

Jean-Marc, what a great line up! you have picked up some very nice Schrades!

Paul, The Patina on that Early Schrade Jack is superb, i love the colour of that Early Bone- awesome!

That always commands attention - that Cut co Wall Rope Knife Charlie- That's a smashing Knife!

Love those Bails Charlie- as good as it gets for the Knife collector- but that early Stag Jack that you EDC is insane- stunning Knife!

Lloyd, very, very nice pick ups, fantastic that you get such a nice Knife- not thinking it could get better- but then having that provenance is simply icing on the Cake!

Picked up one more of 204....And, man, what a well made knife!

Looks to have seen some action in the past, but with a solid, wriggle free main blade (slight movement on the secondary), flush in all stops for both blades and robustly built...love it.

5jw2Vqo.jpg

Nice one Cal. Interesting that it has the brass lock bit. I have a Cut Co with the Empire shield which is identical to yours except for the locking mechanism. On mine you press down on the master blade to unlock the screwdriver blade.

Nice one Cal. Interesting that it has the brass lock bit. I have a Cut Co with the Empire shield which is identical to yours except for the locking mechanism. On mine you press down on the master blade to unlock the screwdriver blade.
Must be a transition knife, Cal!! It has the pattern profile of Dan's knife, and the liner lock of the later, wider pattern!!
Here is a Schrade CutCo electrician with an "Empire" shield.

I'm with Eric on the date. Hinged box stopped around 1970 and the long swedge (although not the longest) puts it from about 1965-'70.
Thanks Eric/Jeff, that makes sense. Did the match strike end around that time too or did it carry on beyond the 70’s

Back