Gear Thread

Got 2 new pairs of Crispi boots for work and play, one insulated and one not. Best boots I’ve ever had for the outdoors. There is literally zero break-in period with these boots and my last couple pairs have held up extremely well.

I also grabbed a rolling work bench for extra storage and cutting leather. It makes a nice platform for sorting a handful of knives, as well. 😏

IMG_4709.jpeg

Got 2 new pairs of Crispi boots for work and play, one insulated and one not. Best boots I’ve ever had for the outdoors. There is literally zero break-in period with these boots and my last couple pairs have held up extremely well.

I also grabbed a rolling work bench for extra storage and cutting leather. It makes a nice platform for sorting a handful of knives, as well. 😏

View attachment 2395354
never heard of Crispi before- they look well made and aren't ridiculously expensive.

never heard of Crispi before- they look well made and aren't ridiculously expensive.
Very well made, IMO. They’re Italian made and are stocked by many of the outdoor supply stores down here. Sadly, they are relatively expensive, depending on which model purchased. Fortunately, the boot allowance for work just went up. 👍🏼

Btw, Autumn Blade is somewhere in California right now….hitch-hiking it’s way back north. 🤪

View attachment 2395354
I have a pair and totally agree. They're great.

Very well made, IMO. They’re Italian made and are stocked by many of the outdoor supply stores down here. Sadly, they are relatively expensive, depending on which model purchased. Fortunately, the boot allowance for work just went up. 👍🏼

Btw, Autumn Blade is somewhere in California right now….hitch-hiking it’s way back north. 🤪
Italian lasts work pretty well for me, generally speaking. Crispi is actually a little less than my go to, which is Danner

ps. I didn't name it Autumn's Blade because it would take til autumn to show up!

Any specs or particular uses or form factors/features that you're interested in? (Eg. Size, intensity, throw vs flood etc.).
I'll be making myself a proper shop apron and need something that fits flat so I can mount it on my chest to see where I'm at when I'm working with the grinder. Saw a couple with rotating heads which are pretty interesting

I'm a Fenix fan as well. Not one failure over, maybe, 15 years. Still have my original headlamp of theirs in the shop.

Check out their HM50R v2, similar to T toker 's Olight
Headlamp but removable for right angle work, with integral clip that is used to mount in the headband cradle. Pretty handy.

Try looking at the Wurkkos HD20 Headlamp (available on Amazon.ca).

It's an 18650 (LiIon) headlamp. Maximum of 2000 lumens. With built-in USB-C recharging. Comes with both the headband for use as a headlamp, and a detachable pocket clip (which allows for rotating/aiming the head, depending on whether it's clipped vertically or horizontally).

Probably could modify the headband for full time mounting to the apron, too.

Back