Gear Thread

I carry a Surefire 'Stilleto' or a Surefire 'EDCL1-T' a lot of the time.

trB1Oy.jpg

When I just need a little admin light, it's usually one of these (l-r: Streamlight, Maratac, Reylight) and they've all been great.

XOcpdc.jpg

Generally, for day-to-day EDC I'm using rechargeable options these days. For my serious use, 'emergency' lights I stick with replaceable battery models.

I have other, more substantial lights for nightstand duty, etc. but it sounds like you're most interested in an edc option. The biggest tip I'd give is to not just pay attention to lumens, but pay attention to candela as well, and think about what kind of light characteristics you want - tight beam? Broad flood? Warm or cool light tint?

Check out the luminary tac light on countycomm

It’s $12, I think I paid $10
They have so much cool stuff there! The tiny Maratac rechargeable light is handy to wear around my neck under a shirt when doing chores at the cabin when it is easy to get caught away from shelter in the dark quickly. It is crazy lightweight and puts out an amazing amount of light.

Lots of other goodies I didn’t know I needed until seeing them on the site too🤣.

They have so much cool stuff there! The tiny Maratac rechargeable light is handy to wear around my neck under a shirt when doing chores at the cabin when it is easy to get caught away from shelter in the dark quickly. It is crazy lightweight and puts out an amazing amount of light.

Lots of other goodies I didn’t know I needed until seeing them on the site too🤣.
it's dangerous there.

My County Comm addiction is so bad that on more than one occasion, I've put something in my cart only to then remember that it's something I already purchased. 🤣

Here's another really handy little light - the Fenix LD15R. It's a compact right-angle light powered by one 16340 rechargeable. Excellent light quality with the Cree XP-G3 emittter, 500 lumens. But one of the best features about it is that it has a magnetic bottom cap, so you can stick it on any metal surface and have a great little hands-free work light. This lives in my EDC pack now.

My County Comm addiction is so bad that on more than one occasion, I've put something in my cart only to then remember that it's something I already purchased. 🤣

Here's another really handy little light - the Fenix LD15R. It's a compact right-angle light powered by one 16340 rechargeable. Excellent light quality with the Cree XP-G3 emittter, 500 lumens. But one of the best features about it is that it has a magnetic bottom cap, so you can stick it on any metal surface and have a great little hands-free work light. This lives in my EDC pack now.

That is a very cool and practical light! We are down to 5 hrs of daylight now, so it is nice to have handy lights around (especially at the cabin).

holy crap the lights just showed up. Like 24 hrs from when I ordered em. We got a warehouse on the island now, so I guess some stuff just moves quick
pretty happy with these little lights. Unbelievably high output for their size

holy crap the lights just showed up. Like 24 hrs from when I ordered em. We got a warehouse on the island now, so I guess some stuff just moves quick
pretty happy with these little lights. Unbelievably high output for their size
I'm amazed at recent flashlight technology. Like you said, huge output from small/relatively cheap lights. Recently had to use this keychain Rovyvon to find a CPK I'd lost on the garage floor! 🤣

Attachments

• 20231216_180057.jpg
    20231216_180057.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231216_180126.jpg
    20231216_180126.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
I always check around this time of year for deals on gear.
If anybody likes Mystery Ranch or is in the market for a sturdy backpack, today is a good day to Google mystery ranch. Terraframe 80 around $300 is a screaming deal on that pack. Other really good prices on other MR stuff.

I'm amazed at recent flashlight technology. Like you said, huge output from small/relatively cheap lights. Recently had to use this keychain Rovyvon to find a CPK I'd lost on the garage floor! 🤣

Flashlights have really come a long way. I just bought my wife a Streamlight keychain light, it's tiny and it has 325 lumens on high, with a runtime of 20 minutes, or 45 lumens on low with a runtime of 1 hour. That's amazing compared to what a large handheld flashlight offered a decade ago.

I also have a Fenix PD25 incoming. I've had one for years and it's one of my favorite EDC lights for its size and versatility, and it has never failed me. Had a gift card @ B&H Photo, and figured it was time to have a backup PD25.

I always check around this time of year for deals on gear.
If anybody likes Mystery Ranch or is in the market for a sturdy backpack, today is a good day to Google mystery ranch. Terraframe 80 around $300 is a screaming deal on that pack. Other really good prices on other MR stuff.

I should have bought another pop up 38 before they discontinued it. Those low profile packs are great for busting brush. Their new pintler is awesome for on-the-move deer and elk hunting. Heck all of their stuff will about handle more load than I can put on my back any more.

Back