Attention Giveaway: 1 Micron Diamond Spray - Winners Selected in Post #50

Okay, I've finally herded all ten of you cats and the shipping addresses have all been sent off to Don.

I really hope you enjoy your diamond spray. It works great and you can use it on wood, leather, cardboard, even on some of your hones to give them a little more oomph.

Happy Holidays to all of you, whether you won or not, and thanks for participating in the giveaway. Just my way of saying thanks for the friendship and the generosity received. You guys do the forums proud and I'm proud to be among your number.
Thank you, Elliot, and big thanks to Don as well.
Rdv3Fo.png

Oh, and one last thing I was remiss in mentioning in my rush to get everything squared away....

A HUGE thank you to Don, NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY , for not only taking this on at a moment's notice, but for the friendship and generosity he has shown me from the first time we ever interacted here on the forums.

Don is a class act and I couldn't have managed this giveaway without his willingness to participate. So, thank you, brother.

Thank you Sir, was my pleasure! Without people like you this forum wouldn't be possible, so thanks to you and all the other mods for making BF's the great place it is.

Wishing you and everyone here a happy holidays and a Merry Christmas! :)

Shake well before using!
Yes, ^^ absolutely shake well before spraying.

And be sure to let it dry before using too. It dries quickly ( a few minutes), however if you’re truly impatient you can use a hair dryer set to low or no heat at all and blow dry on the lowest air flow setting to speed up the drying process (a few seconds).

Trying to use wet, and you will simply squeegee the diamond emulsion away with your blade to the edge of your wood or strop and just waste it.

Here is a short 10 minute video that Northwest_Knife_Guy posted on YouTube using his Micron spray (this video is 6 Micron), shaking, hairdryer usage, briefly stropping, then carving hair afterwards. He has lots of other videos too, you just have to search his name if you want.

Again, this is a really basic and short video, but it shows the steps for anyone else who may not have done this before or is unfamiliar with stropping in general. Straight forward and easy to understand and duplicate.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with Don, he just has a most excellent product that’s easy to use and gives fantastic results, ships out fast and is extremely well packaged, and he is a great guy and a BladeForums Member too.

His spray and stropping video that shaves/whittles hair:

Yes, ^^ absolutely shake well before spraying.

And be sure to let it dry before using too. It dries quickly ( a few minutes), however if you’re truly impatient you can use a hair dryer set to low or no heat at all and blow dry on the lowest air flow setting to speed up the drying process (a few seconds).

Trying to use wet, and you will simply squeegee the diamond emulsion away with your blade to the edge of your wood or strop and just waste it.

Here is a short 10 minute video that Northwest_Knife_Guy posted on YouTube using his Micron spray (this video is 6 Micron), shaking, hairdryer usage, briefly stropping, then carving hair afterwards. He has lots of other videos too, you just have to search his name if you want.

Again, this is a really basic and short video, but it shows the steps for anyone else who may not have done this before or is unfamiliar with stropping in general. Straight forward and easy to understand and duplicate.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with Don, he just has a most excellent product that’s easy to use and gives fantastic results, ships out fast and is extremely well packaged, and he is a great guy and a BladeForums Member too.

His spray and stropping video that shaves/whittles hair:

Thx for sharing. I poked around on his channel earlier today out of curiosity and didn’t see that. Impressive results!

Back