Mountain Biker's Forum

butterfly stitches. This was one of those whole body impacts, so I'm hurting pretty much everywhere, but I guess the pile of rocks I landed in made acquaintance with my knee first. I did punch that pile of rocks in the face, apparently- my knucks are a bit of a mess too
Brutal.
Get well!

I've hesitated throwing some of my gnarly pics in here...;)

Brutal.
Get well!

I've hesitated throwing some of my gnarly pics in here...;)
thanks very much. I'm a little stiff and sore today, but surviving.

All tuned for the first ride of the season tomorrow!

Last edited:
Packed full of adult beverages.;)
my shop fridge is 1/4 the size, but I finally got my tools organized and mounted. Looks like I'll be back in the bike repair game!
Mr4T4kY.jpg

Last edited:
I love me the fat bikes anymore. I'm to old to get beat up like I use to hahha. My baby is a trek fatboy. Its fun around town and still very solid on the trails

I love me the fat bikes anymore. I'm to old to get beat up like I use to hahha. My baby is a trek fatboy. Its fun around town and still very solid on the trails
my bro Matthew Gregory Matthew Gregory is a big fan of big tyres. I had one myself for a while, but it lives with Haley Desrosiers in Alaska now

2021012815572300--5365674962501800900-IMG_9313_heic-X2.jpg

This winter sucked monkey balls. We’d get socked with snow, but by the time it had enough traffic to get a decent ride in, it would all melt back. Nuked my knee pushing too hard, riding when I should have been snowshoeing. 12 inches or so of fresh powder… tires didn’t have enough pressure in them to register on my gauge, and still not enough float.

Just stripped it all down, rebuilt the fork and swapped the summer tires over. Now, if it’ll just dry up for a bit…

This reminds me to pull the wheels and refresh tires and sealant. I hope we get a sunny stretch out west. It’s spring so the rain/snow should be out of here by the end of the month.

I picked up a new hardtail durning Covid. I definitely am not deserving at my current level of fitness.

made contact with a local electrician who's willing to help me out with some shit in return for bike repairs. Rebuilt his wife's rear wheel. The front wheel had a broken spoke and when I peeled the tyre off, the sealant had completely dried out so checking on that a couple times a year is probably a good idea

love this tool
AIMeobM.jpg

made contact with a local electrician who's willing to help me out with some shit in return for bike repairs. Rebuilt his wife's rear wheel. The front wheel had a broken spoke and when I peeled the tyre off, the sealant had completely dried out so checking on that a couple times a year is probably a good idea

love this tool
AIMeobM.jpg
Nice, that's a good trade for sure.
I avoid wheel building and trueing, just not my thing, and it's the one thing that keeps me in touch and supports my LBS, and I usually need a few wheels tuned every season.
I trail ride exclusively and normally rack up a couple of thousand miles annually so I wear tires out before the sealant dries.
But I did just add a couple of ounces each for the beginning of this season, hopefully they're not too crusty.

Thank you, Trail Angels everywhere!

Lower trails here aren’t entirely snow free yet, and some glorious soul(s) have already done a lot of heavy lifting on one of my favorite areas!

The dog and I decided to pitch in today.

We even built a small skinny. 😁 It’s not much by North Shore Lorien Lorien standards, but for only having a Silky and a GB hatchet, I’ll take it!

Thank you, Trail Angels everywhere!

Lower trails here aren’t entirely snow free yet, and some glorious soul(s) have already done a lot of heavy lifting on one of my favorite areas!

The dog and I decided to pitch in today.

We even built a small skinny. 😁 It’s not much by North Shore Lorien Lorien standards, but for only having a Silky and a GB hatchet, I’ll take it!

mountain bikers are known for doing our part!

I rode a brand new trail yesterday- actually, I blazed the line between 15-13 years ago- a dude's been working hard on it over the past few weeks. I don't think he knows it's my line, so I'm looking forward to riding it with him this week and showing him all the things.

Back