Stockman Sunday picture show

A couple of 856's to wake this thread up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
02QIjjv.jpeg

RqifnhL.jpg

Here are my newest additions. The #18 Buffalo horn and fancy steel one has been on my radar for a while and as expected, it's awesome. If they made a sowbelly with this configuration it would be the end all be all.

The #47 is from the Case Pass around box which you should definitely check out and get on board with! This is so nice.

q

I'm working on something and put my little tapper in the photo because I just love black locust wood. It's almost holographic.

IMG-1890.jpg
IMG-1889.jpg
That’s a “git-er-done” pocketknife. Was that one your Granddad’s?
No Bruce, that was one I picked up that made its way around to a few forum members to put some use on. The top one in the photo is the one I remember Granddad packing since I was a kid. One vivid memory I have is him teaching me to make a whistle out of a willow branch with it. You’ll notice he reshaped the spey blade to better suit his needs. He didn’t own a gun, musical instrument or a vehicle that wasn’t modified in some way or another to better fit him.
IMG-1890.jpg

IMG-1889.jpg

No Bruce, that was one I picked up that made its way around to a few forum members to put some use on. The top one in the photo is the one I remember Granddad packing since I was a kid. One vivid memory I have is him teaching me to make a whistle out of a willow branch with it. You’ll notice he reshaped the spey blade to better suit his needs. He didn’t own a gun, musical instrument or a vehicle that wasn’t modified in some way or another to better fit him.
IMG-1890.jpg

IMG-1889.jpg
Now I remember the story of his knife. Thanks for the refresher - great to own an object you can identify with someone you loved. OH

Love the size of this medium Stockman...

Qzvp7lT.jpg
That's a great pic, I love the dog's head shield. It has some nice color tones too, especially in the sunlight 👍

Case 6392 (1987 & 1973). OH
Case_6392_Stockman_-_1987_(Mark).jpg

Case_6392_Stockman_-_1987_(Pile).jpg

Case_6392_Premium_Stockman_-_1973.jpg

Case_6392_Premium_Stockman_-_1973_(pile).jpg
Amazing pair of stockmans Bruce! That '87 model is my year (Born in '87) 😉

Here are my newest additions. The #18 Buffalo horn and fancy steel one has been on my radar for a while and as expected, it's awesome. If they made a sowbelly with this configuration it would be the end all be all.

The #47 is from the Case Pass around box which you should definitely check out and get on board with! This is so nice.

Nice pic, I love the green barn shield & the buffalo cutout one is pretty awesome too 👍
IMG-1890.jpg

IMG-1889.jpg
Awesome, I love to hear stories like that behind stuff. Your granddad sounds a lot like mine, & also my dad for that matter 😁

That's a great pic, I love the dog's head shield. It has some nice color tones too, especially in the sunlight 👍
Thanks -- I'm a big fan of the dog's head shield, as well. The nice color tones on this one are attributable to the fact that this particular shield is 14K gold -- one of the 1984 offerings of the Ka-Bar Collector's Club. :)

Thanks -- I'm a big fan of the dog's head shield, as well. The nice color tones on this one are attributable to the fact that this particular shield is 14K gold -- one of the 1984 offerings of the Ka-Bar Collector's Club. :)
Oh, wow! I thought that was just the lighting, I didn't know that was a golden hound! 😃

Back