• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Wow! That is actually one of the first reports I've heard of S!K Actually refunding a customer. Although there are numerous accounts of people getting their money back through banks/PayPal/credit card, I can't remember how many years it's been since I've seen a report of S!K actually processing a refund on their own. I am happy for you, ffcol.

For others that are trying to get refunds, it might be helpful if you explain the exact steps you took to make S!K give you a refund.
I started emailing them in September of 2023 to get my knife or a refund. I got the typical excuses from them for a bit saying they were going to refund me but never did and did not respond to my emails. I contacted the AG in October and had a few bits of correspondence with them. They had followed up a few times asking if I had received the refund and I told them I had not. I recently sent an email to the AG asking if the state was going to pursue going after them and they said they would contact me if they decide to take legal action and that they would contact Survive again. A short while after that I received notification from Paypal saying that Survive issued me a refund. I do not think I would have gotten that refund had the AG not pursued them on my behalf. I appreciate them greatly and urge anyone who finds themselves getting jerked around by Survive to contact them. I just did not want Survive to have the satisfaction of taking my money and thinking they did not need to follow through on their end of the deal.

While I'd never usually condone such an exploit, exceptions can be made under extenuating circumstances. In this case pushing the envelope is justified.

Totally. Just attempting to be funny. :)

You succeeded. The only thing that would have been better would have been a return based on blood from a cut.

I sent an email requesting my order be canceled a few days ago now. Haven't heard anything back. Then I got to thinking, it's been so many years I'm sure my credit card # isn't the same now. Not sure how that would work even if I were able to get my money back.

It's sad, I was a big fan of survive and really wanted them to be successful.

I think there's a lot of people in that category.
I believe that much of the ardent support comes from wishful thinkers.

I sent an email requesting my order be canceled a few days ago now. Haven't heard anything back.
I'm not surprised. Based on other feedback, I'd expect that you'll have to contact them several times and eventually, a couple months from now, you might get your money back.

Then I got to thinking, it's been so many years I'm sure my credit card # isn't the same now.
a piece of advice in general; someone's job is to help sort out this type of problem.
It won't be you figuring it out.
Someone has taken money from you and not delivered a product.
Go get your money back!

Fixall Fixall I am one of those people you mentioned.

I have requested a refund, went back and forth and no refund. I filed a complaint today with
the internet crimes complain center.

I will be contacting the district attorney for adams county about this.

I suggest anyone else that is waiting do the same.

If enough of us do this we may be able to put an end to their scams

Last edited:
I sent an email requesting my order be canceled a few days ago now. Haven't heard anything back. Then I got to thinking, it's been so many years I'm sure my credit card # isn't the same now. Not sure how that would work even if I were able to get my money back.

In the past, when getting a refund to an old credit card number, I have received the credit even though the card can no longer be used to make charges. Ask you credit card company about that.

Even if the money never comes back..if Guy no longer gets it its a win in my book. Not ideal but still a win.

Fixall Fixall I am one of those people you mentioned.

I have requested a refund, went back and forth and no refund. I filed a complaint today with
the internet crimes complain center.

I will be contacting the district attorney for adams county about this.

I suggest anyone else that is waiting do the same.

If enough of us do this we may be able to put an end to their scams

Hey man, I just checked your post history. Your trouble goes back YEARS! Shoot me a message with your mailing info.

When it gets back from Atlas Testing, I have a saber ground EDC-4 in k890 (more or less 3v) and natural canvas Micarta with your name on it if you would like? Maybe it will help take away some of the sting. :)

Hey man, I just checked your post history. Your trouble goes back YEARS! Shoot me a message with your mailing info.

When it gets back from Atlas Testing, I have a saber ground EDC-4 in k890 (more or less 3v) and natural canvas Micarta with your name on it if you would like? Maybe it will help take away some of the sting. :)
You are a good dude! Cheers!

Hey man, I just checked your post history. Your trouble goes back YEARS!
Indeed. As a long time survive defender, he should get a knife! Very kind of you to deliver a survive knife when survive themselves could not.

Indeed. As a long time survive defender, he should get a knife! Very kind of you to deliver a survive knife when survive themselves could not.

Meh. Most people eventually come around. The number of defenders Survive! has just goes to show how effective the crap is that they pull. I try not to hold that against someone.

Hell, had I not been following along with this thread, and Survive!'s BS on YouTube for years... My recent purchase experience probably would have led me to believe that some of the complaints were just haters. I mean, we ordered three knives and all three were delivered within three weeks.

Meh. Most people eventually come around. The number of defenders Survive! has just goes to show how effective the crap is that they pull. I try not to hold that against someone.

Hell, had I not been following along with this thread, and Survive!'s BS on YouTube for years... My recent purchase experience probably would have led me to believe that some of the complaints were just haters. I mean, we ordered three knives and all three were delivered within three weeks.
Try ordering anything besides an edc4, which is what he is putting most if not all of his effort in since designing that new model a year or two ago. It is the only model listed as “in stock” last I checked (still can take 3+ weeks to get) as he works mainly only on it at the expense of everything else. Meanwhile, 9 year old orders sit unfulfilled for models that existed many years before the edc 4 was ever dreamt up. Eh, so you may never get the preorder you paid in full for years ago….but if you spend even more money with guy you might can get this new edc model!

Try ordering anything besides an edc4, which is what he is putting most if not all of his effort in since designing that new model a year or two ago. It is the only model listed as “in stock” last I checked (still can take 3+ weeks to get) as he works mainly only on it at the expense of everything else. Meanwhile, 9 year old orders sit unfulfilled for models that existed many years before the edc 4 was ever dreamt up. Eh, so you may never get the preorder you paid in full for years ago….but if you spend even more money with guy you might can get this new edc model!

Oh, trust me... I know their "business model" and am in no way a supporter of that trash company. I was just stating how I could see how someone who was unfamiliar with the company could be taken in by their racket.

Back