THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

Great info dogboye dogboye , thanks!

I have a AR-9.5 and love it. Curious why you would take the tgulb over it in the woods? Is it that much heavier than the TGULB? I find the AR-9.5 to be a pretty formidable tool against wood which is the #1 reason I take a bigger knife with me.
Yes, that is the reason. If I am hiking/backpacking. Car camping, or trailer camping? Well... actually, I still choose the TGULB. The AR-9.5 would work better... but it is still heavier... longer... more unwieldy... I like it, it is a great knife. But the TGULB just does everything I need a knife to do, and does it so well... it just end us in my gear every time.

Yes, that is the reason. If I am hiking/backpacking. Car camping, or trailer camping? Well... actually, I still choose the TGULB. The AR-9.5 would work better... but it is still heavier... longer... more unwieldy... I like it, it is a great knife. But the TGULB just does everything I need a knife to do, and does it so well... it just end us in my gear every time.

I agree with your choice of the TGULB for your purposes. I only recommend the AR 9.5” to him because he said it was specifically for the backyard fire pit. Personally, I do not have a backyard fire pit. I also sold my AR 9.5”. Still have the TGULB, though. :thumbsup:

and its food safe eh?

Description from the listing :

Wicked Wax is a food safe, organic, and vegan knife protectant that is perfect for more than just knives. It is great for wood, micarta, plastic, leather, steel, or epoxy based materials. Protect your knives and tools made of steel from rust and corrosion. If you want your knives in tip-top shape, this is the product you need!

I don't know what camera you are using but the shots are amazing. My pic taking skills suck.
Thank you, Cobalt! Really appreciate that, sir 🙏
Would you believe it's a cell phone?
It my Samsung S23 Ultra. It's got the damndest camera I've ever saw on a cell phone. Heck, the zoom is like a high powered rifle scope 😆 it's x100!

Thank you, Cobalt! Really appreciate that, sir 🙏
Would you believe it's a cell phone?
It my Samsung S23 Ultra. It's got the damndest camera I've ever saw on a cell phone. Heck, the zoom is like a high powered rifle scope 😆 it's x100!

I guess SLR's are going the way of dinosaurs. Lol

I know I need to at least try out one tgulb in my lifetime, I do like hollow grinds. I have just never liked the top guard. The SJT7 feels so great in hand, it is a great handle. The Basic res-c will always be number one in my book. The nano fusion and tac handles are very close 2nd for me

Jeff! It's been awhile. It's good to see you are still kicking it on the forums.

I'm with you, the TGULB is on my short list. I'll likely be ordering one soon.

... I do like hollow grinds. I have just never liked the top guard.
I am with you on not finding the TG top guards appealing. Since my knife usage is domestic (vs combat or extreme usage environment) I think it would be in the way of grips I use on a knife.

Some folks just grind them off. There are pics running around on the web of that modification. I do generally like the final result of that surgery.

Back