THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

IMG_1648.jpeg
IMG_1649.jpeg
IMG_1650.jpeg
IMG_1652.jpeg
IMG_1653.jpeg

Nice CRK's!πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘

Here is an M7 recently finished, went with a bit of a new look. For a couple of reasons I switched from the clear GunKote to a pigmented version. One of which is moving away from making these knives look like the Lile Rambo knives.

I love Lile knives, and I love Rambo knives, but not interested at all in making "tribute knives" or being associated with them. All that being said, very, very pleased with the new look and clients have been very pleased as well.

I will have more pics later in the week. Feedback welcome!πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘βš”βš”

cqEXerY.jpeg

Sam😎

A client photo of an M8. Several of these coming up in orders soon. Looking forward to making them.:)

EYsTiGv.jpg

Sam :thumbsup:
I'm clearly a bit slow: I was looking back over some posts to see if I had missed anything cool, and just saw the "Wolverines" patch. I love it! :cool:

Lol, glad you caught it.πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

I'll put some more pics of this one in soon. This is the SSII Elite. 🀩🀩 Went in a slightly different direction, and very pleased with it.πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

MRdsUdJ.jpeg

Feedback welcome. Thanks for looking!
SamπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

Last edited:
Recently added the Greg Wall handmade Rambo 2 mission knife to the Wall First blood knife I have and I am so happy with them to say the least.
They are made to use and when they are in your hand its obvious straight away how strong and durable they are.
They are probably the toughest hollow handle Rambo style knives around but too nice for me to use.
Now im waiting for my Crain Lss1 replica by Mr Wall and cant wait to hold it.
I have the Lss1 by Marcos Bluneri from Brazil and its awesome. I think the Wall Lss1 is probably the most accurate replica but will need to hold it in hand to see.
I have 2 First blood and a Mission knife by Mr Bluneri that aren't hollow handle and made for use but they are very beautiful. Extremely well made and sooo sharp.
Im also waiting on a Daniele Mauro First Blood prototype and after that the Mission knife prototype.
Mr Mauro makes First blood and Mission knives as accurate as Andy Wood oe Neeley.
They both come will Nova sheaths which are arguably the best available. Cant wait.
I
Will show some pics of all of them soon.
Thanks guys

Recently added the Greg Wall handmade Rambo 2 mission knife to the Wall First blood knife I have and I am so happy with them to say the least.
They are made to use and when they are in your hand its obvious straight away how strong and durable they are.
They are probably the toughest hollow handle Rambo style knives around but too nice for me to use.
I have the Lss1 by Marcos Bluneri from Brazil and its awesome. I think the Wall Lss1 is probably the most accurate replica but will need to hold it in hand to see.
I have 2 First blood and a Mission knife by Mr Bluneri that aren't hollow handle and made for use but they are very beautiful. Extremely well made and sooo sharp.
Im also waiting on a Daniele Mauro First Blood prototype and after that the Mission knife prototype.
Mr Mauro makes First blood and Mission knives as accurate as Andy Wood oe Neeley.
They both come will Nova sheaths which are arguably the best available. Cant wait.
I
Thanks guys

I need to find a new "top of the list absolute holy grail knife"......

0D906102-C9AD-47FC-8B94-C9180212BE7C_1_201_a.heic

F08AB582-0DEC-4C17-A6EB-B879153278F7_1_201_a.heic

D7402DF6-346F-4F85-B572-95276D239BBB_1_201_a.heic

5EA32533-616B-4FE8-9E41-5E65F03BA3E4.heic

IMG_1050.jpeg
I have this same parrish 8" survival fighter, but it's the only one I've ever seen without serial numbers on it. The teeth look a bit lower and looks identical to the ad in the really 1980s blade magazine. Does anyone know what years he didn't stamp them at all, or is mine a prototype... I bought this one at a gun show years back and just curious if anyone knows maybe why mine isn't serialized. And yes it's a real RP.

Here are some pics of the latest LIT Knife, Lightweight Incendiary, Tinder.

0uOSrUu.jpeg

The micarta sleeve has an ovoid shape, and feels very much like a traditional knife in the hand. The ferro rod provides the Incendiary part, and there is just enough room in the handle to put some tinder.

m0C2hSx.jpeg

I do a hollow grind on a larger wheel on these for greater cutting aggression, and the brass ferrule gives a more traditional look and feel.

Ju41g4p.jpeg

Thanks for looking.
Sam πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

This truly is a thing of beauty, in addition to being a superb, immensely capable tool with a really lovely sheath.

This truly is a thing of beauty, in addition to being a superb, immensely capable tool with a really lovely sheath.

Thank you very much! A lot of work went into developing the design and then implementing it, but VERY pleased! It feels very much like a traditional knife in your hand. Thank you again.πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

Here's a pic or two, to boot. A recent M9 Centurion completed.

rio7edY.jpeg

3eKr567.jpeg

SamπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

I
Thanks guys
I'm currently waiting on my FB "midsize" from Greg. Probably ready in 3-4 weeks based on my last email exchange with Greg. Given that you're a repeat customer, you're clearly happy with his work :) I would love to see those pics you mention, when time allows!

I'm currently waiting on my FB "midsize" from Greg. Probably ready in 3-4 weeks based on my last email exchange with Greg. Given that you're a repeat customer, you're clearly happy with his work :) I would love to see those pics you mention, when time allows!
If your experience is like mine, i've been told " 2-3 weeks" over the last two years from him for a FB knife, and still no delivery.

I just bought a Greg Wall Sly II First Blood knife in 440c for a great price here in Australia. It is on its way to me through the mail. I have always loved this Rambo knife style since seeing the movie when it first came out many years ago and couldn’t resist the temptation to buy this one. And yes I did have one of those el cheapo versions when younger. I have to admit though that I have been shy about buying one as an adult because of concerns often cited over the years by β€˜experts’ re hollow handle weaknesses. However, that movie probably started my knife collecting hobby. From what I have picked up from reading this thread and reviews of Greg’s knives, those concerns appear to have largely diminished when the knife has been made by a the right person.

I still do have a few questions. When did the Sly II survival knife version (ie. without the screwdriver heads on the guard) first appear? Are the sawteeth on Greg’s knives functional or only for show? Lastly, how have modern custom hollow handled knives ( eg. Greg’s ) overcome the inherent weakness of the hollow handle attachment?

Client pictures are usually the best. Here's one from a B.U.S.H. Knife from earlier this year, along with matching Wilson B.U.S.H. Steel and matchsafe. I switched the OD GunKote in that time, so I will recoat it when he's ready, and they will all match.πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

WTHl78l.jpeg

SamπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Back