The Lone Ranger: 112 Dedication Thread

This one is not exactly ornate, but has an interesting story. I had seen this 112 finger groove in the glass case at an Ace Hardware a few towns North of where I live for several years. It was priced a bit high for a standard 112, which may be why it was there. I asked to see it and found that it was a new/old stock 112 from 1987. I was feeling pretty generous that day, so I took it home, new in box with the brown leather sheath. It had been on display for over 30 years!

0D853A16-DE11-44B7-B4A8-E761A28FDEF5.png

Last edited:
This one is not exactly ornate, but has an interesting story. I had seen this 112 finger groove in the glass case at an Ace Hardware a few towns North of where I live for several years. It was priced a bit high for a standard 112, which may be why it was there. I asked to see it and found that it was a new/old stock 112 from 1987. I was feeling pretty generous that day, so I took it home, new in box with the brown leather sheath. It had been on display for about 35 years!

View attachment 1715757
Hiding in plain sight!
I wonder how many times I've passed by opportunities like that.
Nice find.
Thanks.

This one is not exactly ornate, but has an interesting story. I had seen this 112 finger groove in the glass case at an Ace Hardware a few towns North of where I live for several years. It was priced a bit high for a standard 112, which may be why it was there. I asked to see it and found that it was a new/old stock 112 from 1987. I was feeling pretty generous that day, so I took it home, new in box with the brown leather sheath. It had been on display for about 35 years!

View attachment 1715757
Mine is a similar story, but my 112 isn’t as old. I believe it’s a ‘94 made, and had been in a display case for over 20 years. No box or sheath, so I got it for $10…after ordering a new sheath for it, I have $18 invested.

I still dream about a time machine to go back to 1963 and buy a big chunk of Buck stock..or when the Custom shop first opened ordering a bunch of Custom 112's and a dozen 124's because for only a buck a inch they would sell up to a 15" blade..

This one is not exactly ornate, but has an interesting story. I had seen this 112 finger groove in the glass case at an Ace Hardware a few towns North of where I live for several years. It was priced a bit high for a standard 112, which may be why it was there. I asked to see it and found that it was a new/old stock 112 from 1987. I was feeling pretty generous that day, so I took it home, new in box with the brown leather sheath. It had been on display for over 30 years!
Very cool! 1987 is the year I was born, so I've been looking for one from that year. The story behind yours makes it even better, imho!

qJQCPZPl.jpg

This is about the best 112 Drop point blade profile I have ever seen. Custom blade by Mr. Stone who is a Custom maker and is known for 110 reblades. I would love Buck to consider this as I think it's the most blade that will fit a 112 frame.

Well, since the thread was about the Lone Ranger, here’s my one and only. My daughter heard me talking about the drop point and surprised me with an early birthday present. After getting my hands on it I have a feeling it won’t be my only 112 for very long.

Attachments

• F25FDDF0-D211-4AF6-8CF4-590849F4C381.jpeg
    F25FDDF0-D211-4AF6-8CF4-590849F4C381.jpeg
    689 KB · Views: 9
Back