This must be where the DEKs hang out, eh?

I guess I never posted my DEK pics here. Go easy on me, I don’t usually take pics of my DEK.

img_8764-jpg.2137167

img_8768-jpg.2137164

img_8769-jpg.2137163

img_8771-jpg.2137162

img_8765-jpg.2137166

img_8763-jpg.2137169

img_8762-jpg.2137168

No shaming! :rolleyes:

So I understand Nathan saying he wasn’t going to do a DEK3 run again because of the issues with the magnacut correct? Were there issues with the D3V version? Because if not, imo he should do another run of that, maybe even just have it hollow ground with maybe a simple swedge option like Dek1 etc. I gotta say, after carrying this thing all day I want another Dek3 type blade in D3V that is this thin and the edge is just insane.

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Another run of DEK3 would be great. I would like it the same as it was meant to be.
Maybe some minor changes that would make it a DEK3 2.0 but nothing that would make it a thin DEK1.
I would be in for at least one regardless of the changes :)

Another run of DEK3 would be great. I would like it the same as it was meant to be.
Maybe some minor changes that would make it a DEK3 2.0 but nothing that would make it a thin DEK1.
I would be in for at least one regardless of the changes :)
That would be my preference as well but if it is overly difficult of a blade to make I would be happy with something similar if it meant Nathan would consider it. Eh maybe someday.

Last edited:
What did you not like about it?
I'm in the vast minority here, so take this with a grain of salt. Most people will love the dek3.

It was too thin for what I like in a fixed blade. I don't need to slice tomatoes into paper with the fixed blade I carry on my hip or in my pocket. I have kitchen knives for that. I also prefer more belly on my blades.

The dek1 or edc1 is about as thin as I like my fixed blades. My opinion is that the DEK1 is probably the most underrated knife I've ever come across; we just take it for granted.

I love the DEK1. I had the magnacut one on me the whole weekend camping. Did all the food prep and light wood work. I was using my Hell Razor 2 for processing all the knotted tough firewood we had. One night I had the HR put away and I used the DEK1 to batton through about 7-8 pretty gnarly pieces of wood. Did it fine with no issues. Had a few flat spots on the primary bevel when I got home which I got out with the Edge Pro in a 10 minute session when I got home.

I'm in the vast minority here, so take this with a grain of salt. Most people will love the dek3.

It was too thin for what I like in a fixed blade. I don't need to slice tomatoes into paper with the fixed blade I carry on my hip or in my pocket. I have kitchen knives for that. I also prefer more belly on my blades.

The dek1 or edc1 is about as thin as I like my fixed blades. My opinion is that the DEK1 is probably the most underrated knife I've ever come across; we just take it for granted.
All valid reasons and I agree for those reasons. I love it for how thin it is and the hollow grind. I normally only carry a folder of some sort. For awhile now it’s mainly been my pm2 in maxamet and even with all the claims of maxamet being fragile (and I have broken the tip in the cutting edge smacking it into a table on accident) since sharpening it probably 3 times now I’ve put it through its paces without worrying about it and it has impressed me! Dropped it twice and held my breath picking it up thinking it snapped in half. No issues and it’s going to be my beater knife for as long as it does last.

I probably won’t carry the Dek3 for my main fixed blade but it will be between it and my boot dagger. For my daily use for a knife the pm2 does everything I need and I use it all day at work as a mechanic. My fixed blade is mainly just because I love the blade and if need be both for defense, although my pistol would be the primary in that regard.

With your requirements for a fixed blade I can see the Dek3 not being ideal for you. I just sold my only Dek1, not because I didn’t like the blade (I did) but because I’m a sucker for a hollow grind blade lol

I love the DEK1. I had the magnacut one on me the whole weekend camping. Did all the food prep and light wood work. I was using my Hell Razor 2 for processing all the knotted tough firewood we had. One night I had the HR put away and I used the DEK1 to batton through about 7-8 pretty gnarly pieces of wood. Did it fine with no issues. Had a few flat spots on the primary bevel when I got home which I got out with the Edge Pro in a 10 minute session when I got home.
I just sold my Dek1 D3V but plan on hopefully getting another one but in aeb-l. I do like more stainless ability for my smaller blades

+1

Plus, the 3 is ugly :)

Back