What was your first Becker and when did you get it?

The BK11 is AWESOME when fitted with Micarta scales! It turned into an EDC for me with them. I strongly suggest getting another to go with the 9 and 16…Ethan recommends these three to cover everything, and I agree, they do!
Good luck and Merry Christmas!

I have a Camillus BK 11 (was it $35 from SMKW in about 2004?), the Becker Necker - and I have been thinking about handle scales for years. I have even considered trying to make my own.

Micarta scales: did you buy the KA Bar factory scales or......?

Does anyone know if the Bk11 from Camillus & Ka Bar are identical?

Last edited:
I have a Cam Necker and just bought micarta scales a couple of years ago. They made it a completely different animal and I now EDC it!

I highly recommend getting them!

I have a Camillus BK 11 (was it $35 from SMKW in about 2004?) and I have been thinking about handle scales for years. I have even considered trying to make my own.

Micarta scales: did you buy the KA Bar factory scales or......?

Does anyone know if the Bk11 from Camillus & Ka Bar are identical?

:)I have a Cam Necker and just bought micarta scales a couple of years ago. They made it a completely different animal and I now EDC it!

I highly recommend getting them!
Totally agree.
Out of all the Beckers the BK-11 is most transformed by micarta scales and I’d recommend them to anyone who kinda likes the 11.
Makes it a functional, usable knife that feels good in the hand.
I’d do a commercial for BK-11 micarta. That’s how much I believe in it. :)
Seriously, it’s hard to pay for scales that are basically the purchase price of the knife. But it’s worth it! Promise.

Cincinatti Machax with Estaloc handles approximately 1990. I'm guessing at the date. It was about a year after the review in American Survival Guide and from what I can tell that was in 1989.. It was the first and the best. After that BK-3, a couple more BK-4s (Kabar), BK-12, BK-2, BK-16 (I think), BK-9. Had a BK-7, but I sold it. The 2 I would never sell are my Cinci Machax and my BK-3.

Last edited:
My first Becker was a BK16. I actually planned on buying a 17 when I finished basic in the Army, only to find out it had been discontinued. So, I bought a 16 instead. Always wished it was a 17 because clip points. Found a BK5 shortly after that. Ended up trading it away a couple of years later, which I horribly regret. Gave the 16 to a buddy of mine when I got out. I’ve really been spending most of my money on ARs the last couple of years, and just starting to get back into knives again this year. I’m currently sitting at zero beckers, and that ain’t gonna fly. Think I’m going to buy a BK7 and maybe an 18 or try to find a 17 on the used market for my second first becker.

Bought a Blackjack Magnum camp knife about '95, a completely different knife from the BK-5. The 1/4" stock and full convex grind make a real handful of knife. When redesigning the MCK for the thinner blade stock and flat grind of the BK-5, Ethan and Jerry made a few other mods, completely changing the feel of the tool. Instead of heavy and bulletproof, it became light and fast. I like both, but for different jobs. For chopping and light brush work, the BK-4 gets the nod.

Modern laser-etched BK-9... Sold it, now have two (I went for the roll-marked KA-BAR and Camillus) versions... Wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a laser-etched again at some point though...

My first one and my only one, a BK15 that I bought in September 2015.

5dEA53n.jpg

My first was the BK2 and then I got addicted to becker blades. I got the BK2 back in 2012. Now, I have almost every Becker! But the BK5 and BK15 are some of my favorites! I just don't use them as often as I should. R rubberdog 's pic is gorgeous.

Welcome to BladeForums BurlsNBlades! Thanks for the compliment on my pic, you should post a photo of all your Beckers!

The BK15 sure is a great knife, love that it was designed by Jerry Fisk.

Welcome to BladeForums BurlsNBlades! Thanks for the compliment on my pic, you should post a photo of all your Beckers!

The BK15 sure is a great knife, love that it was designed by Jerry Fisk.
Hey there!

It has been some time since I was on the forums. By that, I mean some years and years.

Here are my Beckers

2x BK2 - One with Azwelke Sheath
BK5
BK7
BK9 with blued blade
BK10
BK15
BK16
BK17

And then one big big Becker inspired knife I made years and years ago. It has a larger handle and a longer blade than the BK9.

Superb! Thanks for sharing. Awesome that you have all 3 of the original Tweeners. And as for that custom one you made... wow!
Thanks. I did it on a cheap wood sander and the grind lines are not perfect at the top, but it does well. It can split like a mid-sized ax or maybe a larger hatchet. It is fun to play with.

I wish I could pick up another BK15 or two because now I want to use em in the kitchen, but it seems too precious to use!

Back