What was your first Becker and when did you get it?

So what was your first Becker and when did you get it?

Thanks!
Around 2012 I was looking for a rocket stove to use on Boy Scout campouts with my son. Sometimes there wasn't much firewood, or ground fires allowed on these campouts, so a stove that burned sticks and twigs would be a good workaround. I ended up searching on Youtube, and came across a video with a Deadwood Stove. The guy in the video was splitting wood with a BK2 and talking it up. I was impressed so I ordered both the knife and the stove.

After getting the BK2, I couldn't stop. I already had a bunch of "pretty knives", but didn't have knives that I could beat half to death and actually not feel guilty about them getting all scratched up. Hell, everybody knows heavy use makes a Becker knife better, right?

Anyway, I subsequently purchased a 5 for camping, then a 15, then a 9 (my favorite), and finally an 18.

Last edited:
First Becker was the 9.
Then a 16.
Then the 7.
Then another 9.
And another 7.
And another 16.
Then a 10.
Then a 2.
Then another 16.
Micarta upgrades for all.
Also five Azwelke sheaths in different flavors.

I use the 16 the most by far, followed by the 9.
I would not mind another 10 one day.

Fun knives to use, and the BeckerHead crew is a bonus.

*Side note: The stock BK16 sheath fits the Mora Filet knife perfectly. I use this knife in tandem with the 16 quite often for butchering and of course on fish.
how can you NOT have a 5?

um.....
if it sounds too good to be true?
I thought the same thing. I missed out on getting one back when they were still available.

Missed the BK15 as well. I really would have liked one of those.

Kicking myself...

I have bad news and worse news.
Bad: I can't help you find a 15 at the moment.
Worse: I have misplaced the box with your address on it.
you might should send me a PM.

I bought some ocean front property in Nevada I just need the San Andreas Fault to come thru for me
I see what ya did there hahahaha!

I have bad news and worse news.
Bad: I can't help you find a 15 at the moment.
Worse: I have misplaced the box with your address on it.
you might should send me a PM.
Aww man! I would never swindle a knife from ya Erik! I will send you a PM though.

Hey! I'm New Here! Much Love from Puerto Rico! My first and only Becker is The Bk11! Bought it in 2019 when I moved to Odessa TX, had to move because Hurricane Maria had caused so much damage in 2017 in Puerto Rico that even 2 years later you barely could find a job! So long story short, I love this Knife! It has been with me almost every day since I bought it! Started carrying it as a neck knife and then I got the Urge to leather craft so bought a piece of leather and as soon as I got home and put the leather on the table God took control of me and started marking and cutting and 4 days later (don't worry it wasn't 4 days straight) the PortalWalker bag was Born! So now I carry all my essentials in this bag that God made through me ❤
Moved back to Puerto Rico and I spend all the time possible outside in the Rivers/Jungle like habitats! Barefoot and with my Bk11! LIFE IS GOOD! (Yesterday I got the Handles so now my baby has Grips hehehe)

Last edited:
My first Becker was a Bk3 that I’d gotten for my son. He was deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan I forget which. He eventually carried it to both countries multiple times. My second BK was the King and that was 15-20 Becker’s ago
What a coincidence, The first Becker I ever bought was a Camillus BK 3 for my brother when he deployed overseas, (USMC).
He wasn't nice to it, I can only assume he used it to chip concrete, he gave to me when he got back.
Like I posted earlier my first was a BK 9.

What a coincidence, The first Becker I ever bought was a Camillus BK 3 for my brother when he deployed overseas, (USMC).
He wasn't nice to it, I can only assume he used it to chip concrete, he gave to me when he got back.
Like I posted earlier my first was a BK 9.
Lol Same Same. My son gave the Bk3 back to me. Oh my!!!! It had definitely busted open its share of ammo crates amongst other things before a gun truck ran it over.

Hey! I'm New Here! Much Love from Puerto Rico! My first and only Becker is The Bk11! Bought it in 2019 when I moved to Odessa TX, had to move because Hurricane Maria had caused so much damage in 2017 in Puerto Rico that even 2 years later you barely could find a job! So long story short, I love this Knife! It has been with me almost every day since I bought it! Started carrying it as a neck knife and then I got the Urge to leather craft so bought a piece of leather and as soon as I got home and put the leather on the table God took control of me and started marking and cutting and 4 days later (don't worry it wasn't 4 days straight) the PortalWalker bag was Born! So now I carry all my essentials in this bag that God made through me ❤
Moved back to Puerto Rico and I spend all the time possible outside in the Rivers/Jungle like habitats! Barefoot and with my Bk11! LIFE IS GOOD! (Yesterday I got the Handles so now my baby has Grips hehehe)

Welcome to the right place

BK-10 Crewman in Desert Tan. I bought it from the now defunct old Brigade Quartermaster out of GA. Great place to do business; I was sorry to see them go. It had to be sometime before 2009 when they got sold off.

Only pic I got of it:

zCuvvg0.jpg

BK-10 Crewman in Desert Tan. I bought it from the now defunct old Brigade Quartermaster out of GA. Great place to do business; I was sorry to see them go. It had to be sometime before 2009 when they got sold off.

Only pic I got of it:

zCuvvg0.jpg
Nice first Becker!
There aren’t too many of those for sale anymore.

Back