What was your first Becker and when did you get it?

I had a BK 11 for a little while but didn’t use it much before it was sold as part of the ebb and flow of knives I own. About a year ago I picked up a BK-9, and it’s awesome. I use it all the time now for yard work and fires and camping and whatever else requires that weight of blade. I also have a BK-62 now, as well, which is also a fantastic knife.

So while the first was the 11, I count the 9 more since it was the first one I really used.

I had a BK 11 for a little while but didn’t use it much before it was sold as part of the ebb and flow of knives I own. About a year ago I picked up a BK-9, and it’s awesome. I use it all the time now for yard work and fires and camping and whatever else requires that weight of blade. I also have a BK-62 now, as well, which is also a fantastic knife.

So while the first was the 11, I count the 9 more since it was the first one I really used.
The 9 and the 62 are solid choices for sure. Welcome to BK&T world.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. The BK9 is my most used blade, and the 62 is my second most used. Hard to beat that combo. :thumbsup:

The BK11 is AWESOME when fitted with Micarta scales! It turned into an EDC for me with them. I strongly suggest getting another to go with the 9 and 16…Ethan recommends these three to cover everything, and I agree, they do!
Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. The BK9 is my most used blade, and the 62 is my second most used. Hard to beat that combo. :thumbsup:
Thanks! They are a great combo. The 9 goes everywhere with me now. I used it this weekend for a Christmas fire with family.

The BK11 is AWESOME when fitted with Micarta scales! It turned into an EDC for me with them. I strongly suggest getting another to go with the 9 and 16…Ethan recommends these three to cover everything, and I agree, they do!
Good luck and Merry Christmas!
I think I'd have liked the 11 much more with the scales. But it was competing with two other small fixed blades, and without the scales it lost, probably unfairly. maybe I'll give it another try. It might have to wait for the 14 and 16, though. We'll see. The 16 looks great, and I'm off to take a look at the 14.

I forgot the 14 is the Escabar. I've not played with it before but it looks like a cross between the 11 and the ESEE Izula. I bet it handles similarly.

The 16 looks great. I wish the 5 wasn't discontinued.

I forgot the 14 is the Escabar. I've not played with it before but it looks like a cross between the 11 and the ESEE Izula. I bet it handles similarly.

The 16 looks great. I wish the 5 wasn't discontinued.
It actually is. A member here cut the two and welded them together. I can’t find the thread The Warrior The Warrior might have it filed away.

It actually is. A member here cut the two and welded them together. I can’t find the thread The Warrior The Warrior might have it filed away.

Bk2 in 2012? It's what brought me to bladeforums, I still have it. It's in terrible condition lol I foolishly beat it with a hammer to break the thick ice up on my roof up years ago, that left the bk2 with mushrooming in various places, so removed the mushrooming by rounding everything off. The blade has a big Ole chip in it from I don't know what and it's missing a middle screw and nut.

First Becker was the 9.
Then a 16.
Then the 7.
Then another 9.
And another 7.
And another 16.
Then a 10.
Then a 2.
Then another 16.
Micarta upgrades for all.
Also five Azwelke sheaths in different flavors.

I use the 16 the most by far, followed by the 9.
I would not mind another 10 one day.

Fun knives to use, and the BeckerHead crew is a bonus.

*Side note: The stock BK16 sheath fits the Mora Filet knife perfectly. I use this knife in tandem with the 16 quite often for butchering and of course on fish.

Thanks Dubz

I knew it was a collaboration; I didn’t realize it was a welding job by someone here. I’d love to see that thread. That’s pretty awesome.

Thanks. That’ll be good reading.

Back