What's your newest Buck knife

20240425-181436.jpg

got a bunch of old stock items and and dirt cheap prices. pm me if wanting to know where. not a paid dealer here so i cannot say by the rules.

also, one new model knife. all made in America. sheaths and all except the nos Swiss Buck made in Switzerland.....

Beauties, JB. I just picked up two of the NOS SwissBuck Legends too last week. One is now in my collection, and one is now on my keyring.

Each and every one of the Koa/Inverted/440C 112s that have been posted are fantastic. BCCI got it spot on with all the details. Would love/hate to see a 110 version offered as it would necessitate buying one of each.
I can't believe they are still available.

It's the best deal there is on a nice knife at the moment.

I keep thinking of buying another.

Fished out of the 'bay recently.
Looks to be unused, however the 'human interface section' looks to have a few issues.
I smell a full custom project in the wind! ;)
nQbY2gLh.jpg

IcHQZ9Eh.jpg
dry rotted? I've never seen one fall apart like that til now. when ya remove the handle please take a pic of the blade and tang. curious to see how long and wide it is and if it has a rounded transition from the blade to the tang.....

Your wish is my command.🧞‍♀️
Not sure about dry rot, rubber has a very sticky/tacky feel to it.
The large hole had a 'bridge' joining the two sides of the rubber together.
The two small holes, one under thumb ramp, one in middle also had rubber bridges as per molding process.
Edge of the rubber fitted into groove, but has come adrift, pushing it back in did nothing.
The whole lot simply twisted out with little effort, but I did have to cut the larger bridge.
2hw26cOh.jpg

The hard plastic section was still intact and very usable still as a handle if need be, although smaller than the original.
CPXaf7cl.jpg

With the hard plastic removed, you can now see the tang.
It is full 1/4 thick for the entire length. Note the radiused blade/tang section.
d4JAftFl.jpg

Full custom handle for sure! Stag or Micarta.....hmmm, decisions, decisions. 🤔

Your wish is my command.🧞‍♀️
Not sure about dry rot, rubber has a very sticky/tacky feel to it.
The large hole had a 'bridge' joining the two sides of the rubber together.
The two small holes, one under thumb ramp, one in middle also had rubber bridges as per molding process.
Edge of the rubber fitted into groove, but has come adrift, pushing it back in did nothing.
The whole lot simply twisted out with little effort, but I did have to cut the larger bridge.
2hw26cOh.jpg

The hard plastic section was still intact and very usable still as a handle if need be, although smaller than the original.
CPXaf7cl.jpg

With the hard plastic removed, you can now see the tang.
It is full 1/4 thick for the entire length. Note the radiused blade/tang section.
d4JAftFl.jpg

Full custom handle for sure! Stag or Micarta.....hmmm, decisions, decisions. 🤔
awesome. thank you much.

what was holding the plastic handle on the tang? was the plastic hard to remove? thanks.

No worries JB. Hard plastic is molded directly onto the tang, the forward two holes, and the rear 'wraparound' of the tang being used to hold it on.
Note the forward two holes in the hard plastic had smaller holes which went though it in order for the rubber over-mold to attach it.
The hard plastic was tough to remove due to being molded on.
I did so by holding the handle in a vise, point up, and battening a thin knife blade down between the plastic and tang.
Pity Buck didn't make the whole handle in this way.

No worries JB. Hard plastic is molded directly onto the tang, the forward two holes, and the rear 'wraparound' of the tang being used to hold it on.
Note the forward two holes in the hard plastic had smaller holes which went though it in order for the rubber over-mold to attach it.
The hard plastic was tough to remove due to being molded on.
I did so by holding the handle in a vise, point up, and battening a thin knife blade down between the plastic and tang.
Pity Buck didn't make the whole handle in this way.
Thanks for sharing. The photos and the info. I'll bet not many outside of Buck have seen a Nighthawk tang before. Cool to see how they're made.

A couple years ago I was overthinking the ergonomics of my 119 and decided to reshape the handle , but I was never that happy with how it looked afterwards and wished I had just left it alone.

Well I was at Walmart today and decided to go ahead and grab another , this one I'll leave alone and my old 119 I'm going to rehandle at some point.

The plan with my old one is a piece of stag with the original guard and no pommel.

A couple years ago I was overthinking the ergonomics of my 119 and decided to reshape the handle , but I was never that happy with how it looked afterwards and wished I had just left it alone.

Well I was at Walmart today and decided to go ahead and grab another , this one I'll leave alone and my old 119 I'm going to rehandle at some point.

The plan with my old one is a piece of stag with the original guard and no pommel.
never go wrong with a new 119.

lookin forward to your work in progress pics of the rehandling of the old one. sound like a neat project.

Custom shop 113 came yesterday (very quick turnaround!)

I've looked at 113's countless times, but never pulled the trigger until now.

Oak dymalux, silver bolsters, S30v. I really like how this turned out! Looks great with the brown sheath.

The choil area is a little more angular than the stock 113 pictures that I've seen online. Not a negative, just an observation. Maybe helps eliminate that weird grind at the "heal" end of the blade?

20240514-081203.jpg

20240514-081225.jpg

never go wrong with a new 119.

lookin forward to your work in progress pics of the rehandling of the old one. sound like a neat project.
Will do, I ordered a piece of stag this morning.
I wanted something relatively inexpensive in case I mess up, but the only appropriate option I found on Ebay was this piece of Red Deer stag.
It's nice and the price was right, but it's coming from Poland which is gonna take awhile to get here.

Btw I completely forgot to look yesterday, but I got my 1st 2024 tang stamp which in happy about.

Will do, I ordered a piece of stag this morning.
I wanted something relatively inexpensive in case I mess up, but the only appropriate option I found on Ebay was this piece of Red Deer stag.
It's nice and the price was right, but it's coming from Poland which is gonna take awhile to get here.

Btw I completely forgot to look yesterday, but I got my 1st 2024 tang stamp which in happy about.
looks good. gonna make a great handle. now im excited.......

Back