What's your newest Buck knife

New addition. What year would this particular model have been made?? Thanks for any info, I appreciate it.

Long pull on the clip, and pivot pins (rather than Swinden Key) says "Camllus made Era."
I think Camillus took the contract over from Schrade round about 1968 or 1969, and held it until Buck moved the 300 series production inhouse. I forget when that was ... sometime in the 1990's?

(My understanding is the Swinden Key knives had durability problems, and could not be repaired when sent in for warrany work.
Schrade only had the contract for 2 or 3 years?)

A very nice example you have there. 😁👍

Received in a "SURPRISE!!!"😁 package on 04-08-24.
NIB 60th Anniversary Buck 110. 🤯😳
I didn't even know they existed! "Surprise" may be the understatement of the last few millenia. 🤔😁👍
IMG_20240408_154718.jpg
IMG_20240408_154833.jpg
IMG_20240408_154930.jpg
Yes. It is currently residing on my belt, tho not in the supplied sheath.
I have it in an old style brown leather aftermarket sheath with stud closure, that has no metal inside that can scratch or mar whatever knife is in it.

TBH I don't see it coming off my belt in the foreseeable yet to happen.
I will probably have them put it on my belt when I get put in the box for planting. (a "few" other things are going with me, too.)
Paternal and Maternal families both have a long standing (at least 9 generations, according to family lore) to take the favorite knives and arms (guns, bows, slings, swords ... whatever) along to the next life.
I do not intend to be the one to break the tradition of two families. 😊

Yes. It is a strong contender for my traditional KOTY.
For my BUCK KOTA, it wins hands down and (to date) unopposed, since it is the only Buck knife I've gotten this year. 😇

Last edited:
I picked up 2 more 110 slim hunters this week - the SMKW burlap and a micarta w/black blade. I didn't notice until I received the SMK burlap that it didn't have a clip. I usually carry the slims clipped into my pocket, so I'm not sure if this one will get much pocket time.

PXL_20240410_195836434.jpg

Back