Utility Fighter Appreciation Thread

I recall being on the fence about getting a UF2. I generally don't gravitate towards knives that have "fighter" in the name since the functional purpose of a "fighting" knife is that of a weapon. I don't carry or use knives as weapons, that's what I carry a gun for. However, knives are fun, even the "weapons" out there and I haven't had any regrets in ordering this fellow and will have zero regrets when I get my Shiv.

This knife is lean, nimble, and robust and is perfectly capable of slicing up a holiday bird, banging around the camp, or ventilating an abdominal cavity (though I haven't had to undergo that last task). It's a wonderful knife and the beauty of it is, which I think Roland alluded to already, is that if you only could have one knife, this one would fill that need admirably.

pwpjTAg.jpg

The UF2 was such an outstanding outstanding well thought out, well designed, and well implemented knife. I'm so proud of the work. If you don't have one you really are missing out. They're not big, they're not flashy, but they are so excellent.
Well said Nathan!... I love mine so much so that I got two a single edge variant and the double edged D.E.F variant!... I keep the single edge UF2 on my belt at all times!... It's light,it's sharp,it's well built and ready for a fight at the drop of a hat !...
NMFrank87 AKA Frank Cervantes from New Mexico

Posted this a while ago in the UF2 picture thread, but as this thread now seems to cover all things UFian, I guess it deserves to go here as well.
The UF2 is an improvement, but I won't be letting go of my OG UF - it's my remaining link to the early days of Carothers Knives.
1C39BCC9-A51B-470A-8F56-1541C56EF250.jpeg

Posted this a while ago in the UF2 picture thread, but as this thread now seems to cover all things UFian, I guess it deserves to go here as well.
The UF2 is an improvement, but I won't be letting go of my OG UF - it's my remaining link to the early days of Carothers Knives.
View attachment 2519224

I like those tri-rag micarta scales on your UF2. 👍

Your early production UF looks like it has some type of wood scales. Do you remember what they are?

Back