Utility Fighter Appreciation Thread

Your early production UF looks like it has some type of wood scales. Do you remember what they are?
Should be Buckeye burl, Harland, I have a couple sets here.
I could be wrong, but I thought it was Redwood Burl.
It's also a hand-rubbed satin finish, with the last 1.5" of the top edge sharpened. Back in those days, it was a buyer's market - you could just send Nathan an email, and those were the kind of things he had lying around for 2 or 3 Benjamins.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I thought it was Redwood Burl.
It's also a hand-rubbed satin finish, with the last 1.5" of the top edge sharpened. Back in those days, it was a buyer's market - you could just send Nathan an email, and those were the kind of things he had lying around for 2 or 3 Benjamins.
Entirely possible. I guess we would have to dig and find the knives in the past, to see what they were originally identified as. Probably tough to do with so many broken links. Let’s just say it’s burl, it’s rare and it’s awesome.

I found this old pic from back in April 2019 of a different UF:

View attachment 2520306

The OP mentioned a few replies later that the burl for the middle knife was Buckeye burl with a satin horizontal hand finish. Link
That middle one is definitely the same handle material as my knife, but it doesn’t look like any California [is there any other type?] Buckeye Burl I’ve ever seen.

Bump.

i-j9QzQ5d-X2.jpg

Still one of my favorites

View attachment 2531853

Beauty marks sustained while throwing during a hike the other day- calling this "the accidental penetrator"

View attachment 2531854

CPK warranty on the UF:
If it ever fails, for any reason short of intentionally breaking it, I will replace, repair or refund. Broken tips are repointed, broken scales are replaced with a material of my choosing.

You can return it to the mother ship for some love if you want.

CPK warranty on the UF:
If it ever fails, for any reason short of intentionally breaking it, I will replace, repair or refund. Broken tips are repointed, broken scales are replaced with a material of my choosing.

You can return it to the mother ship for some love if you want.
Thanks Nate! I'm always thrilled with my CPKs, then I remember the warranty and it feels even better.

Fortunately the tip is still pretty much intact despite glancing off a rock after a missed throw at 10-15 yards, which I'm pretty damn impressed by. I'll probably need to send it in someday, but for now I'll keep on utility fighting

Thanks Nate! I'm always thrilled with my CPKs, then I remember the warranty and it feels even better.

Fortunately the tip is still pretty much intact despite glancing off a rock after a missed throw at 10-15 yards, which I'm pretty damn impressed by. I'll probably need to send it in someday, but for now I'll keep on utility fighting
on another note I've stolen your avatar image for future use.

Back