Let's talk Bowies, Fighters, Frame handles, Coffins..

Nope, they're similar, and it was actually the Loveless version I was looking for. I'll dig one up in a moment then edit this post - but no, that one's Ham Gerber all the way.

Me doing the Google Image search- 'Lisch Bowie'-

FoolishShrillConure-size_restricted.gif

Perfect. I bought one of those Schrade PH2's at the Portland show, two months ago today, for $50. It's a NRA/ILA commemorative, but for an unused variant of that knife, I was tickled.
I yuhmembahs that knife, insanely comfortable!

Yuhmembahs - The act of remembering something with one squinted eye and tilted head, whilst pointing your finger randomly at nothing.

No secret I'm a huge fan of David Lisch. For those of you on Instagram, he's been doing some tips and tricks on his page and he's putting out some great info.

Jerry Fisk is also organizing what he's calling the Cutlery Class of 2019 on Instagram (hash brown #cutleryclassof2019). A different Maker every couple of weeks teaching a different skill. I believe the next one is on canister damascus, not sure who is teaching it.

Now, Instagram is a rabbit hole of shite and garbage, but if you can stay focused, there is a ton of great info on there.

I like the handle on this one, with the off set pins and escutcheons, although they are a bit long.
bowie.jpg

Too many pins - otherwise great shape & super sheath IMHO. Nice effect all in all though - wouldn't toss it out for an extra pin or two! Agree - escutcheon - over long.

Ray

Love that style, I think Bark River does a take on one that I always liked.

Smaller pins, evenly set, with a smaller escutcheon would be nice.

Taking inspiration from this years John White Memorial Bowie Show Down on BF. There are many exceptional knives there but these 3 took my fancy for one reason or the other. Looking at the handles mostly. Never been a big fan of feathery damascus or art knives in general. I admire the craftsmanship and acknowledge that some are stunners but since I ain't royalty dressing up for show & intimidation, I will stick to my good old faithful users knives. They are great looking in their own right. Still, I digress...

Last edited:
Reviving this thread.

Been binge watching Westworld while down here in Tejas (the second season looks to be garbage so far, the first was slow but fair). Anyways, there's a LOT of knife play and I'd be lying if I said it didn't get the wheels spinning.

I was thinking about a smaller and larger version of the 7" Bowies. A Gambler with a hidden tang and a 5" blade and a Western(?) Coffin handle model around 11". Any thoughts?

Is Bagwellian a word? If not, it should be.

Damnit, here we go again.
FoolishShrillConure-size_restricted.gif

Sorry,
Older thread but I’m doing some reading...
11” Bowie, dual guard, coffin, handle, I love that!

Back