2011 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free advertising! :D

How much does advertising cost around here anyway? :)
See ya tomorrow ...

and having written
i return
to margaritaville
to learn
if i prefer a sip of wine
or just the sea and sand by which to dine​

krakatau_fulle_big.jpg

Good dreams brother. I'll be off myself when the caffeine gets through with me.

OK, didn't get to my email yet. Sorry, got preoccupied, but ...

Finally got a slot cutter set up. Thought I just needed a couple tweaks to the one I had, but ended up just rebuilding the whole dang thing. After 3 days and way more blood loss than a competent person would've sustained, I can now do this

attachment.php

in about 30 seconds including setup. Ignore the slightly canted side, a rail needed shimming (accomplished with duct tape and aluminum foil) and the horrible pic.

Now there's no need to worry about spacing for attachments. Any commercially available attachment should now fit at any angle it's mounting holes allow on slotted sheaths. Plus it opens me up to new attachment options without having to cut slots by hand, which is friggin' tedious.

So, booyah. :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSCN25562.jpg
    DSCN25562.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 180
Before the new site goes up, I'm adding a links page and adding one or two small rotating graphic links on all pages for knife makers and gadget makers that might interest my customers.

If you are a knifemaker or make paracord doodads, custom firesteels, or any gear that would be of interest to the knife and outdoor community, post here or drop me a line with your website link and I'll be happy to add you and give you some free advertising.

If you're a maker but don't have a website, I can set you up a subdomain (you.customkydex.com) on my host at no charge or link to a BFC sale thread.

Sweeet :thumbup:

It is my friend. Here's a (bad) shot of a tacticool left hand 780 sheath. :cool:

attachment.php

I'm loving this cutter. No need to juggle measurements and pick options. This sheath will take any attachment in any position, period. Very neat. Had a bit of wobble on this one from a sticky piston as you may be able to see on the bottom slots. A little silicone spray and it seems to have evened out now.

Attachments

• slots1.jpg
    slots1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,458
Yes, slots are a lot more flexible than trying to swap Tek-Loks, proprietary connectors, paracord through tiny holes. :D

Sorry about the blood loss. Have a cheeseburger ... rare.

Yes, slots are a lot more flexible than trying to swap Tek-Loks, proprietary connectors, paracord through tiny holes. :D

That they are. Got a couple of belt loop designs drawn up that'll just snap on and off with no holes or screws at all. Gotta find a few minutes to work out the details.

Sorry about the blood loss. Have a cheeseburger ... rare.

Eh, I'm always injuring myself somehow. Having some smoked sausage right now and listening to the trees fall outside from the wind. I'll be cutting firewood Tomorrow I guess.

Be REAL careful about blood loss cutting firewood :eek:

:D

I hear that. I'm fairly handy with the hawk and 3/4 axe though. Tripping while dragging it back is my primary source of cold weather injuries.

or don't, but it'll be gone in a minute either way.

Is there a master list of knives you have in house..for myself and others to refer to? If not, why not? Saves some time in the email department IMO.

I am looking to get some kydex soon, and I will be using Kiah, I have owned 2 of his, and they are the best fit and finish that I have found on BF, by a wide margin.

Is there a master list of knives you have in house..for myself and others to refer to? If not, why not? Saves some time in the email department IMO.

I am looking to get some kydex soon, and I will be using Kiah, I have owned 2 of his, and they are the best fit and finish that I have found on BF, by a wide margin.

Sent you a PM brother and thanks for the compliments :thumbup:. I need to put up a list of what I do have on hand, but for anyone wondering it's gonna be short as I don't keep blades in stock for sheathing for the most part. I had a longer explanation up at some point, but I seem to have misplaced it. I'll post it again when I get a chance.

These sheaths are absolutely fantastic. They're really well designed :thumbup: I've had mine for a year now, and I'm very thankful I got one.

4e459e57.jpg

I can throw this guy in the jeep or in the pack now with no worries.

They've actually been redesigned. Two designs. One for tossing around and one for belt carry. I'll get pics up later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back