2021 Hunting Season

I do not see claw marks which I thought indicated bear. Are those mountain lion tracks?
I was under that impression too. I'm not an experienced bear hunter, although I did have a bear tag once about 30 years ago, which remained unfilled. Anyhoo I sent this pic to several guys that are and just asked em Sasquatch? They all said Wow, what a huge bear. So I googled bear tracks and went to images. Quite a few with out claw marks, quite a few with. Interesting thing was it was larger ones like this that didn't seem to have the claw marks. This was a fairly steep incline up to the base of this old oak tree. Don't know if that would make a difference. Whada ya think, Sasquatch or bear? Nope definitely not kitty tracks. Big kitties here go120 lbs or so. This is the same area of our ranch as that pic of Smokey in post # 25, maybe a 1/4 mile away. But this track wasn't left by Smokey. He's not that big.

I was under that impression too. I'm not an experienced bear hunter, although I did have a bear tag once about 30 years ago, which remained unfilled. Anyhoo I sent this pic to several guys that are and just asked em Sasquatch? They all said Wow, what a huge bear. So I googled bear tracks and went to images. Quite a few with out claw marks, quite a few with. Interesting thing was it was larger ones like this that didn't seem to have the claw marks. This was a fairly steep incline up to the base of this old oak tree. Don't know if that would make a difference. Whada ya think, Sasquatch or bear? Nope definitely not kitty tracks. Big kitties here go120 lbs or so. This is the same area of our ranch as that pic of Smokey in post # 25, maybe a 1/4 mile away. But this track wasn't left by Smokey. He's not that big.
Thanks for info. Bear since too big for a cat.

Back