4.1 thread

Silver, late to this thread but you were asking about factory 1st 4.1 models in the wild? I actually bought one off of a FB site that was a pre order and being sold right after he received it. That was at least a month ago. I had just received my F2 4.1s from the Oct sale a few days before and then a 1st popped up for sale and you know the rest of the story.
Talk about being at the right place at the right time! I forgot the details of some of the exchanges. I have a hard time keeping up with you :D

It's good to hear some factory firsts are out there.

It's funny, I almost always go with earthier tones for the scales themselves, but I'm a sucker for any of the bright liners. I'll bet the toxic green would really set off the carbon fiber.
I like earth tones also especially for my rustic or primitive knives. but carbon fiber is as space age as I get so toxic colors seem to go hand in hand with carbon fiber.
plus this is a hiking blade so the bight color might catch my eye if I lay it down.

Sooo..... where the heck is this 4.1 second ? It said 90 and it's been 250 . It's kinda bazaar because the 3 other factory 2nds I got in less than 90 days , hmm ?

Sooo..... where the heck is this 4.1 second ? It said 90 and it's been 250 . It's kinda bazaar because the 3 other factory 2nds I got in less than 90 days , hmm ?
If you have an order for a factory 2nd that has gone beyond 250 days I would contact Survive and inquire. :)
They did mention on Instagram (see other thread) that they had delayed some 2nds in order to more efficiently produce 1sts of the same knife, but I got the impression that it was only going to make a week or two of difference in the delivery date. My 4.1 2nd was ordered in October and was delivered in March.

250 days...Yikes!
Keep us posted on what they say....If it goes over the 90 days,do they refund U w/o the 10% penalty? Since its on them...

I get that, but if it goes beyond the 90 days promised & you want a refund,you shouldn't be penalized with the 10% cancelation charge.

Ughh I am willing to wait a year but it's nice if I knew it up front . My survive knives are cherished and I would never cancel an order but truthfully I might not be ordering from them again . I'm soo bummed about this because like I said before all my orders have arrived promptly

This whole process from the starter campaign to the weekly sales format has been a learning curve for everyone involved. S!K is making changes as they go and I think the ordering process will get better and better. I don't think sellers or buyers like the preorders and we're all learning from that. Once they're through all preorders and only selling through weekly sales, I think it will be a much better situation. We'll get there someday :D

Last edited:
This whole process from the starter campaign to the weekly sales format has been a learning curve for everyone involved. S!K is making changes as they go and I think ordering process will get better and better. I don't think sellers or buyers like the preorders and we're all learning from that. Once they're through all preorders and only selling through weekly sales, I think it will be a much better situation. We'll get there someday :D
I like the way you think, Silver! :thumbsup:
You are a glass half full sort of fellow if ever I've met one. ;)

Back