Almost Ready To Ship - 2015

How long is this one - OA and the cutting edge? And - does it need those big pins or could you use the smaller size like for the
woodcarvers?
[/QUOTE]

I gave John the only working drawing of the Squirrel and I don't recall the exact dimensions. When John gets time maybe he could post that drawing.
Thanks for the kind words on the Squirrel (Huntress). I think that any kind & number of pins or rivets could be used. The handle that Peter will install will be Mora like in size & shape but with a full tang

Last edited:
How long is this one - OA and the cutting edge? And - does it need those big pins or could you use the smaller size like for the
woodcarvers?

I gave John the only working drawing of the Squirrel and I don't recall the exact dimensions. When John gets time maybe he could post that drawing.
Thanks for the kind words on the Squirrel (Huntress). I think that any kind & number of pins or rivets could be used. The handle that Peter will install will be Mora like in size & shape but with a full tang[/QUOTE]

Look what I found following some of the clues -

My questions are answered. Tanks :D

Looking forward to seeing how yours comes out. I expect to be on the short list for this one.

Last edited:
Wait a second, Brad...

You convinced John to do a full height grind on 1/16" steel?

He didn't have much of a choice...

There was a major pre-production revision on this knife, entirely different handle shape. John wisely upped the blank to 3/32" Either John or Peter has the revised drawing and perhaps they can post it. Peter has been on the hunt for the correct wood for the handles. I have given him some leeway on the final product.

Shouldn't a Squirrel knife be surrounded by Pecan ? :p

I really like that knife. Im sure Peter will knock it out of the park on the handles, then ill really want one!

Don't have Pecan Trees up here! But I sure do love Pecan Pie!! You should get you a Squirrel knife in Pecan or Live Oak!

Don't have Pecan Trees up here! But I sure do love Pecan Pie!! You should get you a Squirrel knife in Pecan or Live Oak!

Peter"Kyenglish" did some pecan handles for me.

I don't think you can go wrong with pecan:thumbup:

No Pecan trees !?
I have 5 just in my yard. They drop so many pecans every year they actually blanket the ground.
When I was a kid, me and my cousins would put old bed sheets under the trees, then climb the tree and shake the limbs to knock off the pecans.
Then just roll the sheet up and dump the pecans in a bucket.

Once I made $300 in two days picking up and selling pecans.

Im definitely interested in that lil' squirrel scalpel with some Pecan handles ! :thumbup:

No Pecan trees !?
I have 5 just in my yard. They drop so many pecans every year they actually blanket the ground.
When I was a kid, me and my cousins would put old bed sheets under the trees, then climb the tree and shake the limbs to knock off the pecans.
Then just roll the sheet up and dump the pecans in a bucket.

Once I made $300 in two days picking up and selling pecans.

Im definitely interested in that lil' squirrel scalpel with some Pecan handles ! :thumbup:

It's a very nice wood to work, even smells nice :)

Some of that wood every drops on the floor, keep me in mind :)

I smoked some chickens last weekend using pecan wood. Outstanding flavor. I'll be saving any more I can scavenge for the smoker!

Shipping today!

Compact Kephart in maple burl

Compact Kephart in ironwood

Compact Kephart in bocote with yellow liners

Back