And it begins, shop WIP

Nope no windows. My thought on that Is from pervious experance in my last shop. I need to be able to control the lighting and have consistent lighting when I forge. Last shop was so small that the windows would light the inside like I was forging outside. It really messes with me when forging so I chose to eliminate that problem. I have all the light I need inside and each row of lights are on a separate switch so I can selective turn them on to control total light.

looks awesome, cant wait to the work that will be coming out of there!

Ok getting super close. I still need to add the bottom trim around the bottom of the siding and the rubber trim around the garage door. But I can now lock it up so we are moving forward.

Photo%20Jun%2026%2C%2010%2059%2001%20PM.png

you must be sizzling with excitement to get going ! you must be very proud. well deserved.

Man that looks good. I think I may have to upgrade my lights soon.

WoW...Nice new Shop very exciting times!!!

Yay J.T. !!
I see you have electrical permit now...
While you are digging a trench, Dont forget a few pairs for telcom & security.
If less than 100 meters, Add a Cat5 too !

Last edited:
Looks awesome! I'm trying hard not to be jealous, my shop build is taking forever :(

My plan is to cut in 2 14" shutter fans in the rear of the shop. This will draw air from the roll up door and up and out. But till then I will just roll up the door and if I need to I will run a floor fan.
I'm moving stuff in as soon as possible and will be back up and running with the heat treating soon.

good to hear, people are loving that 8670 heat treat you did

Back