Anniversary Knife Contest!

I'm still working on my entry but then i had a thought (i dont get many so they stick out when they turn up), is this a strictly fixed blade contest? how about a friction folder design?

That's what I was considering.

Jeff

I'm still working on my entry but then i had a thought (i dont get many so they stick out when they turn up), is this a strictly fixed blade contest? how about a friction folder design?

A Friction Folder design is fine with me.

scaled.php

I'm thinking of having holes drilled somewhere to keep the center of gravity up front. A skeletized tang, perhaps?

Thanks for the opportunity.

Last edited:
Here it is. I wanted to make a good all around user with a drop point and micarta. Jimping could be optional and the pins could be solid (except for the end pin).

Adi0p.png

LiMmw.png

Edit: How about green micarta?

ZmaI4.png

Last edited:
Hey Od SC how did you create the photo/knife design picture? Awesome job!

I used Autodesk Inventor (CAD program) to create the design, then add textures in paint.net

6930133336_68b0fd73b4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

OK here's the specs:
Name: The Northstar weekender
9 inches overall
4 inch handle
5 inch, blade made from 1" tall O1 steel in 1/8
BEER OPENER
Good blade for all other week end task besides drinking beer
Pin pattern on blade is little dipper which of course contains the North Star (Polaris) as the star hole in the end of the handle where a cord would go
through

sorry for the poor photo quality

Dan and good luck everyone thanks for the fun John!

OK here's the specs:
Name: The Northstar weekender
9 inches overall
4 inch handle
5 inch, blade made from 1" tall O1 steel in 1/8
BEER OPENER
Good blade for all other week end task besides drinking beer
Pin pattern on blade is little dipper which of course contains the North Star (Polaris) as the star hole in the end of the handle where a cord would go
through

sorry for the poor photo quality

Dan and good luck everyone thanks for the fun John!

Nice design, danc, I like the pointy ones, and the northstar theme is pretty cool to, :)

Name: Norseman ( I take much pride in my nationality as a dane, hence the name. )
Length overall: 9.4"
Blade length: 4.6"
1.4" tall and blade thickness at 3/16" (worth the 15$ setback for a workhorse like this.
Grip in G10. There is 3 large holes in the grip.

The overall idea of the knife is to have a basic workhorse. Something that will both chop, cut and stab. It can serve as an EDC, or a makeshift spear in a survival situation, with the 3 holes in the grip easing attachment to a rod or staff. Lanyard hole in the end of the grip.

Taking critisism! :D

norsemanknife.jpg

Last edited:
I like the your star pattern handle. Reverse your dipper and you wont get lost at night:.)
o
. . . .
. .
John S.

PS I drew the stars but they did not post correctly.

I can't get anything to post correctly, the above took me about 15 tries WOW, not great for the self confidence, and obviously I don't do IT for a living. as far as the star pattern, my thought was use the beer opener A LOT, and after a few hours of testing that function, just stare through the North Star hole and you can pretend to know where you're at all times! TRust me I can ALWAYS find the beer fridge, or at least someone's beer fridge.

Also on the incredibly Hokie side, I thought abot getting a Hudson Bay and putting the Big Dipper on that one, but I think John would refuse to be my friend if I asked him to put a beer opener on the Bay!

Last edited:
Back