Anniversary Knife Contest!

sorry jeff, didn't mean to tread on your toes if I did, looking forward to seeing your entry

I never thought that for a second! It would be cool to see several ideas for new friction folders. I look forward to your design as well.

Jeff

I never thought that for a second! It would be cool to see several ideas for new friction folders. I look forward to your design as well.

Jeff

You're a gentlemen and a scholar, sir :), thanks

mine's posted n the first page guy, place holder replaced, no i can just enjoy watching your entrys without having to stress about getting mine in while i play with my new JK Tobys knife...good week overall :D

Last edited:
Here's my design.

fivefold-knife.png

7.25 OAL
just under 3.5 blade
1.5 height
Really had this in mind for paracord wrap.

Something to keep in mind, on the folders, the handle must be 1" longer than the blade.

man this is kicking my ass, you must have giggled when you heard "folder", john, i got the pins ut a while ago and there are three prototypes on the wall - i'll have to over the wholes up with a photograph or something before the wifes sees 'em, ;)

14sz5hy.jpg

Here is my entry--10" total length (4.5" handle, 5.5" blade) with a 1-1/8" wide blade. The handle scales would be canvas micarta and the pins would be stainless, for me, anyway. The handle is contoured in a way that was kind of a mix of inspiration between knives from the Philippines and Scandinavian knives, and I included thumb scallops. There is a small choil that serves two purposes--first, it works as a firesteel scraper, and second it helps you sharpen the blade along its entire length because it gets rid of that gradual slope from the ricasso to the edge that would normally be in that area that is difficult to sharpen anyway. The tip design is the one I drew up quite some time ago and fell in love with--it works well for blind indexing, has a strong shape for use with a baton, and has a fine but sturdy point for both finer cuts and drilling (and stabbing, should the need arise).

I cut out a cardboard template and figured I might as well snap a couple quick in-hand shots--full grip, thumb-supported grip, ice-pick grip and scythe grip:
2nukfhu.jpg

b6ooet.jpg

2011st3.jpg

w0khl3.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my entry:

Small multipurpose "3/4 Wharncliffe" Scandi with full length handles.

Thanks to the full scandi grind and the blade shape this will allow for *very* simple resharpening on waterstones.
It still is kind of pointy, yet has enough stock at the tip for responsible batoning. Great as a small bushcraft knife, a carver, a kitchen knife , etc etc.

Hope you like it,

Best regards,

ll.

sk11small.jpg

Here's my entry.The Tool!(I got the name from Proturist,he once described JK knives as working tools for working tools.Thanks for the inspiration Mack,very fitting IMO.)

1/8" stock.
Saber grind with or without heat scale left on the flats.(I like it myself)
9 1/2" OAL,W/ 4 1/2" handle & 5" blade.(I went with a 5" blade for a little more room for a baton or extra penetration in a defensive situation.)
Jimping for the thumb.
3) 1/4" pins(brass please)
Exposed tang with a 3/16" lanyard hole.
Divot in tang for striking a fire steel.
7/8" thick handle tapering towards the front to say 5/8" & 1 1/8" high at the butt to 3/4" at the lowest point in the belly.

Good luck everybody,so far I've seen some designs I wouldn't mind having myself so if mine doesn't win I still win,hehe.

And thanks for the chance John.

357fbc58.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my entry.The Tool!(I got the name from Proturist,he once described JK knives as working tools for working tools.Thanks for the inspiration Mack,very fitting IMO.)

1/8" stock.
Saber grind with or without heat scale left on the flats.(I like it myself)
9 1/2" OAL,W/ 4 1/2" handle & 5" blade.(I went with a 5" blade for a little more room for a baton or extra penetration in a defensive situation.)
Jimping for the thumb.
3) 1/4" pins(brass please)
Exposed tang with a 3/16" lanyard hole.
Divot in tang for striking a fire steel.
7/8" thick handle tapering towards the front to say 5/8" & 1 1/8" high at the butt to 3/4" at the lowest point in the belly.

Good luck everybody,so far I've seen some designs I wouldn't mind having myself so if mine doesn't win I still win hehe.

And thanks for the chance John.

357fbc58.jpg

I've said it before, I'll say it again, sometimes we need a wolf whistle smiley, :)

some really great ideas here guys.

this is killer bro!

Here is my entry:

Thanks to the full scandi grind and the blade shape this will allow for *very* simple resharpening on waterstones.
It still is kind of pointy, yet has enough stock at the tip for responsible batoning. Great as a small bushcraft knife, a carver, a kitchen knife , etc etc.

Hope you like it,

Best regards,

ll.

sk11small.jpg

Thanks guys,

it's the kind of knife I have always wanted myself, after going through a few outdoor and edc knives in the past.

Best regards,

ll.

Here is my entry:

Hope you like it,

Best regards,

ll.

sk11small.jpg

I want one.

Hey lightleak. that is similar in idea (but a bit different) to what i sent john for my june custom order. i definitely like it.

i better think of something new quick!

ok guys...i wanted to switch it up a bit. but, with that said....i REALLY want a set of JK Steak Knives! Forgive the "sketchy entry." (Get it!?!?) Yikes. time to get a drink and watch the bruins.

phonel.jpg

Whoops. i see i made a mistake. the rosewood handle was supposed to say ironwood in the drawing (i would be ok with any dark, dense wood with reddish hues).

Hey lightleak. that is similar in idea (but a bit different) to what i sent john for my june custom order. i definitely like it.

i better think of something new quick!

Heys TPVT,

Lots of nice designs here, and I am sure there are many more to come... so hold on to your original order for a while ;)

Best regards,

ll.

Back