Any response to this? S35VN Related...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what was the result of the last test with the ZT 0550 S35VN? Did it fare similar to the CRK and Spyderco S35VN?

CTS, I'm glad that this thread popped up again so I could ask you if your ever repeated the rope cutting test with the S35VN Sebenza. I just searched your channel and found the initial test which started all the discussion and the one where you cut the wire. If you re-tested on rope again I'd like to know how it performed.

I've often read over the years and it may not be true - that on some blades, the steel above the factory edge is stronger and more resistant to the kind of things demonstrated in your video.

Did you send that blade in to CRK? Do you have plans of re-testing it on rope? You re-tested the Spyderco in S35VN why not the Sebenza? It appeared to do better already after resharpened and cutting the thick electrical cord. If nothing further was done to test, will you please post back with any opinions or comments about it's status (S35VN).

I'm curious and am not in any way wanting to troll or bash on the Sebenza. :) :thumbup:

OP, I'll PP you $5 if you will lock this thread( today):p

Last edited:
Ok, so I don't have the means to sit and read all 8 pages of this thread, but read the post about the "300 cuts" etc. Was there ever an outcome on this? I'd like to think of chris as an outstanding person and having one of his knives be a favorite EDC of mine, but i can't wrap my head around that statement. That's a lot of cutting to have no damage. I've used steels on cardboard and had some edge wear, i couldn't imagine cutting copper and whatnot to not wear the edge down. Afterall, S35VN isn't a light saber...

Ok, so I don't have the means to sit and read all 8 pages of this thread, but read the post about the "300 cuts" etc. Was there ever an outcome on this? I'd like to think of chris as an outstanding person and having one of his knives be a favorite EDC of mine, but i can't wrap my head around that statement. That's a lot of cutting to have no damage. I've used steels on cardboard and had some edge wear, i couldn't imagine cutting copper and whatnot to not wear the edge down. Afterall, S35VN isn't a light saber...

nope, nothing was ever done to demonstrate this. I guess everyone is supposed to take his word.

Still looking for the popcorn icon...this one still has the potential to get ignorant:eek:

I only watched up to around the 7min mark so maybe I missed something. Up to that point he cut about 30 pieces of insulated two wire stranded copper in plastic/insulated sheathing and the knife still cut phone book paper effortlessly. Maybe I have low expectations of my knives (I also own a Sebenza with SV35N) but I would be happy with that. I guess if I wanted to cut cable all day I would use a set of linemans pliers or dykes.

I only watched up to around the 7min mark so maybe I missed something. Up to that point he cut about 30 pieces of insulated two wire stranded copper in plastic/insulated sheathing and the knife still cut phone book paper effortlessly. Maybe I have low expectations of my knives (I also own a Sebenza with SV35N) but I would be happy with that. I guess if I wanted to cut cable all day I would use a set of linemans pliers or dykes.

What video is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JEXdescKfA&feature=plcp

At about 4:15 John already has deformation, and there has only been 11-12 cuts into the cord.

30 cuts would have been a more reasonable lie for Chris to make, but 300 cuts...Come on.

either way i never need to cut wire or extension cord with my knives but its nice to know they would if I needed them to.

Last edited:
What video is this?

The video in the first post of the thread. I haven't watched the whole thing (probably should) so I'm sure I missed the edge deformation but at around the 7 minute mark he has about 30 pieces of wire on the cutting board and had just finished cutting phone book paper.

Still looking for the popcorn icon...

You are welcome to join me

tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif

Hes not promoting the use of a knife to cut cable just testing the durability of the steel to kind of get an idea how tough it is :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back