AXES AS WEAPONS: Polearms and fighting hawks

I wish I could tell you. I bought it from a small smith about 1974. He was building some forged parts for a cannon carriage I was building and I just saw it on his table. He must have done a pretty good job because we used it to split wood in camp during the 1980's when we were doing some re-enacting at highland games. The thing split a good bit of wood and except for sharpening never needed any work. The blade is not terribly thick or heavy so it must have a decent spring temper.

Bravo, Windwhistler! Bonus points for functional antiques! I'm a sucker for cudgels. That big bad viking axe looks like you've had some fun with it.

Impressive collection, gregorio! What a hard decision you must have getting dressed in the morning..."I like the gentleman's dagger for formal occasions, but when I'm just lounging around the house I go for a more laid-back approach...yes, something in a frontiersman hawk motif, I think. Stag handles go with everything, dear, and I fancy you an autumn." POINTS!

Nice Gregorio! I especially covet the dart at top-of-page. I use spears a good bit in hunting, am teaching my grandson and love a strong powerful dart. Seems really compact and deadly. Yes, I would not know where in your arsenal to start. Super nice!

warclub193_zpsc565ae54.jpg

blade is 5160 coil forged.raw hide wraps ,copper jingle cones ,horse tail hair. rass studs
Chris

My one-hander, a CS Norse Hawk:
img2616zf.jpg

Two-hander, a CS Poll Axe, poll removed and handle cut down some:
baxe1sp8.jpg

Hmmm, I think I really need a spear too...

I'm in! We need ships. I have the Norwegian Elkhound for our mascot, but the only treasure he will pillage is in the kitchens.

PillagingGear.jpg

I got the ship Wolf we can start pilliging kitchens first don't want a unhappy hound. Guy's with less than 50 post's will be in the first wave. No worry new guys the peasants will throw down there modern weapons and flee in terror at the sight of are hoard. Denny's or I Hop first your choice then lunch! The world will be ours!

Less than fifty, eh? Either I just dodged a bullet or you were being very considerate...regardless, no kitchen goes unravaged when I am near!

Under 100 post's will attack in the 2nd wave of course just in case but not to worry it's for the good of the hoard .

Back