AXES AS WEAPONS: Polearms and fighting hawks

what would you guys say is the best hawk under $200 preferably with a spike or hammer

Anything made by H&B Forge. For me it's my custom-made H&B Viking Mammen axe. I dearly love that thing and it's taken on anything I've used it for.

We're still waiting to see some of your arms my friend.

Coming soon. I just received some 1/4" x 3" 5160 from Kelly Cupples. A polearm is in the works. I've never been able to afford buying custom pieces. I think that's why I have the drive to create tools and weapons. I've been obsessed since I was 8 and got my first knife from my dad. I spent the majority of my life hemming and hawing, making excuses and coming up with reasons not to follow my passion. I changed my mind. The links below are the only examples I have right now of knives I've made. I only recently got a camera and the others have long been handed out to those they were intended for. I even lurked this forum for YEARS before I finally posted anything. I will share my creations as soon as they are completed. My word on it. I started this thread because I know I had materials coming and I wanted inspiration. Thank you all for helping with that.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1130622-Survival-knife-for-Alaskan-Dude

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1137874-My-first-chefs-knife

Ok, you shamed me into it. Here's a preform for a boar spear/zombiepocalypse glaive out of 3"x1/4" 5160 and the beginnings of what I'm calling a Gladiolus in 1/8" 1080 that a friend commissioned. I'm going to clay temper the Gladiolus with some furnace cement. I've yet to decide whether I'll through-harden or edge quench the spear.

1512145_10202880591316796_480361926_o.jpg

Camp.jpgSmSpike_closeup.jpgViking_closeup.jpgMedievalSpike_closeup.jpg
Large Polled Camp Hawk, Large straight spike, Viking and Medieval Spike-H & B Forge. Lots more pictures on the H & B Forge facebook Page

I think my next tomahawk might be an H&B large curved spike tomahawk with the spike shortened like the one on my Spontoon. I really like the way that short claw-like spike turned out. It's almost as vicious as the dagger blade on the opposite side.

I just emailed H&B today on my modified Large Spike hawk, cant wait! Very nice people to deal with. I will post pic after I receive it.

Back