Becker Box Mark I (Updated 12/23/10)

Blender, eh? I haven't touched that app in years - since I was on linux full time.
I'll give it a shot again. I'm impressed by your turnaround of that little device and would like a go.

When I was in school we had a rapid prototyper, but I never got to play with it. Only with the all-terrain 4-wheeled robot. :) -Daizee

Blender was the "kids" app that i seem to recall SolidWorks offering. "fun" toys!

robots eh? which school?

these days, it's quad and hexa copters that got me all twitterpated. Parrot AR Drones are approachable. the stuff MIT is playing with. wild. the German commercial stuff, wow.

hell, they got stuff that can automatically fly through windows at random angles.

I think that case is awesome! I love it..I hope Kabar pics it up, and you make money, and I get one for $39.95
For the lid, keep it simple..4 pegs, and a velcro strap that runs around the sheath, through a couple of loops on the lid. With the pegs, it wont come loose...its science.

I think that case is awesome! I love it..I hope Kabar pics it up, and you make money, and I get one for $19.95
For the lid, keep it simple..4 pegs, and a velcro strap that runs around the sheath, through a couple of loops on the lid. With the pegs, it wont come loose...its science.

sorry, I couldn't resist.. I fixed it for you..

I remember this. Glad you got one. Looks like it turned out pretty well. :thumbup:

I think Derek should sacrifice one of those boxes to each of the Becker mods, as a yearly appeasement of the no infraction clause for the next year. Yeah, that sounds good.

Honor your Mods, and pay homage!!!!

Moose

sweetness! now go make one in the shape of a bk-2. you'll revolutionize the prison shank industry :D

Great idea, looks very functional. Noticed you have upgraded your handle screws too, what are they and size?

Great idea, looks very functional. Noticed you have upgraded your handle screws too, what are they and size?

Stainless steel 10-24 at 3/4" length with stainless steel nylon locking nuts. For those who might wander what all that jive means, 10 is the size, 24 is the thread pitch, 3/4" is the length. Nylon locking nuts have a small nylon washer worked into their design that is slightly smaller than the thread hole, providing a means of stabilizing and reducing vibration in the screw, making for much more secured screw. The nylon lock nut idea came from someone else here, and I take no credit for it. My original hardware wasn't rusting, but I figured why not go ahead and take preventative measures.

I purchased them at Lowes I believe, somewhere in the wall o' screws.

Last edited:

A good idea for easy access. Unscrewing four bolts/screws would be time consuming.

I think that case is awesome! I love it..I hope Kabar pics it up, and you make money, and I get one for $39.95

A good idea for easy access. Unscrewing four bolts/screws would be time consuming.

We covered this in the original thread, and I don't have any plans to change horses mid-stream so to speak.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8958093&postcount=14

So, when can expect delivery of my homage, Mr. H. I been waiting by the mailbox all day, and the only one to come by it was some postal worker dropping off Netflix. I am getting cold and sober, so, I would expect it to be soon.:D

Moose

So, when can expect delivery of my homage, Mr. H. I been waiting by the mailbox all day, and the only one to come by it was some postal worker dropping off Netflix. I am getting cold and sober, so, I would expect it to be soon.:D

Moose

Ah Moose you incorrigible rapscallion you! I gotta order the lid and make sure they work together.

More pics! Better pics!

5273907794_a6a245c2c3_b.jpg

5273299561_cccf93d31f_b.jpg

5273299687_f3963723e3_b.jpg

5273908114_6828b2cf5c_b.jpg

5273299887_62f1600efb_b.jpg

5273908380_960ab68ff8_b.jpg

WICKED!!!!

i see huge potential for this box. :thumbup:

nicely don!

PS, take a photo of the sheath and box on a GREEN or grey background, the details of the box will stand out more,.

Back