BeckerWest Spring 2017 April 21-23

Keep it close to you man. Bad things happens when knives get loaned out.

Very sorry to say this is the voice of experience... :'(

Thanks guys.
I've loaned a couple and seen some successful passarounds, so thought it could work out.
Then again, I've seen a couple guys banned for not returning stuff.
And as we all know BeckerWest is a pirate ship of murderers...
So, I guess I'll keep it.

Too bad - just started a sweet set of scales from the cherry tree it helped fell last fall.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I've loaned a couple and seen some successful passarounds, so thought it could work out.

Too bad - just started a sweet set of scales from the cherry tree it helped fell last fall.

That brings back some memories. Proceed my son.

Thanks guys.

you say that like it's a bad thing. :confused:

Wait... I have to share!?

Yes. If I have to, you have to.
13029623_1127593850625438_2324144904291207827_o.jpg

My job is messing with me. I may not make it Friday although I will try. I will be there Saturday morning if not.

So my possible +2 has become a definite +3. I hope it isn't too late to change the RSVP... It will be my brother-in-law, 2 buddies, and myself. We plan on leaving Salem as close to 4pm on Friday as possible so you can expect us around 6-7pm. If it matters, all of us are hangers.

In regards to food, does this event involve communal cooking where everyone pitches in? Or is it just a matter of bringing enough food for our specific party?

In regards to food, does this event involve communal cooking where everyone pitches in? Or is it just a matter of bringing enough food for our specific party?

Yes, and yes. Technically we all bring enough food for ourselves give or take how generous someone's feeling regarding sharing. I've always brought enough food to feed myself and usually never make it through all of if due to food being shared, but since sharing is random I'd make sure to bring food for all just in case. Bacon is almost always communal, though.

As for my crew's arrival time, were loading up early, around 6am, so we should be down there around 11-noon.

Yes, and yes. Technically we all bring enough food for ourselves give or take how generous someone's feeling regarding sharing. I've always brought enough food to feed myself and usually never make it through all of if due to food being shared, but since sharing is random I'd make sure to bring food for all just in case. Bacon is almost always communal, though.

Awesome, thank you. I will be sure that our crew brings plenty then.

The property can accomodate hundreds of people, space wise. I'd hate to have that many, for sanitation purposes. For any new folks, don't feel like you need to get permission from any of us to bring an extra person or 3. Just make sure they are good folk. I'll reference the extensive list of do's and do not's from post #1.
Thank you,
Nate

I may be hanging this time, got a hammock I have yet to use and all the necessary add-ons.

Hammocks are da bomb but.........line the bottom with a thick or folded blanket or foam pad. The air circulation will have you cold on your back and shoulders without some insulation. I have had great success with a Thermarest pad.
By the way I am hoping to be down sometime Friday but I will have to bug out Saturday evening if I make it down. The day job wants OT Friday but I think I can get out of it.

Hammocks are da bomb but.........line the bottom with a thick or folded blanket or foam pad. The air circulation will have you cold on your back and shoulders without some insulation. I have had great success with a Thermarest pad.
By the way I am hoping to be down sometime Friday but I will have to bug out Saturday evening if I make it down. The day job wants OT Friday but I think I can get out of it.

I use reflectix as a pad -- a pair of 16" wide pieces with a strip of tyvek tape as a hinge.
works great under a sleeping bag.

Back