BF W&S knife Ironwolf list

I sent mine back as well asking for new knife, Ken emailed me that he will rework the knife, but I am doubtful if it will be possible because of various blade issues -and the Forum Stamp was mis-struck.

Will post before & after pics if I get the knife back.

I understand that some of you guys were disapointed in the knife. Believe me, I've had a bad experience or two in the past when ordering a custom.
But I think it's in bad form to bash him publicly. I mean if he's fixing or replacing them or refunding money, that's a a man that stands behind his work. As a maker and fellow forum member, I think he deserves more than that.

But I think it's in bad form to bash him publicly. I mean if he's fixing or replacing them or refunding money, that's a a man that stands behind his work. As a maker and fellow forum member, I think he deserves more than that.

Fair enough TKnife:thumbup:

I edited my post and I'll reserve judgement till it's all sorted out. You're a good guy!:thumbup:

I understand that some of you guys were disapointed in the knife. Believe me, I've had a bad experience or two in the past when ordering a custom.

I agree with not bashing but I also agree with stating problems on a group project such as this. I feel that most posters were not bashing the maker but instead were venting their frustrations about things not being as they were promised, or things such as no edge on the knife, to let the remainder of us understand what may be coming. Part of the reason I bought 2 of each of the W&S knives (6 total) was to do a head to head comparison of them. I have restrained myself from using my NWA for this reason. It is just the community communicating with each other, as family is wont to do.
My opinions only.

I have not done any "bashing" of Ken and have carefully chosen my words. I hope he does come thru and replaces my knife because IMO, the one I received cannot be "fixed".

I feel it is fair to state dissapointment over a knife upon receipt and examination, especially amongst fellow knife-collectors & users who have basic expectations of knife quality.

I have not done any "bashing" of Ken and have carefully chosen my words. I hope he does come thru and replaces my knife because IMO, the one I received cannot be "fixed".

I feel it is fair to state dissapointment over a knife upon receipt and examination, especially amongst fellow knife-collectors & users who have basic expectations of knife quality.

I think he was talking about me;) I was probably over the top in my post I edited. I'll wait to see what happens.

I wasn't pointing any fingers, I just didn't want to see the thread get ugly. I can fully understand your guys' frustration and hope you can get the knives straightened out.
I don't know if maybe the Scandi ones just didn't come out right, but I am happy with my flat ground version.

Ken seems like a great guy, and hopefully will correct his product, but the truth is the knives just were not what we all hoped for. The BladeForum Stamp on the blades was not aligned correctly and is very hard to read.The handle has rough edges and it doesn't have the grind requested. Additionally, the sheath is "unfinished" in it's quality and color. This was not expected with a Custom Knife. A Disappointing situation. Hollowdeller is just being honest and true.

No offense, the finish is bad. Simply not what one would expect from a custom, yes we can send it back but in my case this means overseas delivery putting another 50US$ on the bill. Thanks, but I rather work it out myself. I find it disappointing that a community project ends in people complaining but I have the feeling that Ken rushed production to meet the Xmas deadline and took a lot of shortcuts. I have both BF knives, and trust me, the NWA knife is outstanding and does not compare.

I'm sure that I will buy another knife from Nick of NWA in the future, but I will not do it again from Ken. Sorry, burned once.

Another thing is the amount of people complaining, if one knife was wrong OK, mistakes happen. But have you counted the complaints. Only 37 knives were made to my knowledge?

I understand all the complaints you folks have, and can appreciate the feedback.

I take a little different view when dealing with problems (be it with customs, or dealers) I take it to private communication. If the problem is resolved to my satisfaction, then great. I'm happy, the maker/dealer has done what was needed, and all partys involved are happy.

If it isn't taken care of, I then would take it to a public venue. I'm not saying that anything here is out of line, you all have a legitimate complaint. Like tknife mentioned, I would hate this thread to turn ugly. I'm going to call Ken today and see if I can provide some feedback to all as to what can be done.

If you are unhappy with it, I would send it back, Ken is a great Guy, and I would bet he will make it right.

Has anybody heard from Ken lately?? I sent him an e-mail a little while ago about my knives and have not heard back yet. It sounds like he is gone from home often so I thought I would ask here rather than send him e-mails etc. that he won't get if he is away.

I sent my blades back and sent him an email sayng I wanted new ones with a shorter scandi grind, fully sharpened.

He emailed me back and said that was ok.

Never heard if he got my blades but given his non communicative ness on the whole project I didn't really expect to.

I'll probably give him a month or so and then check on him again. 2 blade blanks without handles SHOULD'T be something that would take an extreme amount of time to finish.

But I'm willing to wait for a real scandi grind with a shorter bevel and a no wavy marks from holding the blade loosely at the grinder:thumbup:

tarix101, did you ever manage to get ahold of Ken Nelson? Anything you may know that we should know about?

Since Ken received my knife on 11/20/2007, I have sent him 2 emails asking for an update.

So far, nothing...

tarix101, did you ever manage to get ahold of Ken Nelson? Anything you may know that we should know about?

Since Ken received my knife on 11/20/2007, I have sent him 2 emails asking for an update.

So far, nothing...

I called and left two messages. To be honest though, I need to double check and make sure I'm calling the right ph#. The VM did not leave a name, just the standard "ph# is not able to answer at this time, please leave a message".

I may have put into my address book incorrectly.

I have email Ken a few times regarding Sparks knife with no reply. I'll find his # tonight, and also email Ken again.

I'm sorry I don't have any more info than that, but I'll do what I can.

Thanks for doing what you can tarmix- I appreciate it. Just want to know why I have nothing sharp in my mailbox over a month after talking to Ken.

Back