Bow Drill Divot

Wow Moose. Did you use your WABAC Machine to quote upnorth? Hmmmmm. I guess that wouldn't realy put you into the future...

And if you were to use a skateboard bearing (or something similar) how would you keep it clean?

Skateboard bearings are sealed, they don't need to be cleaned. Or at least the ones I had when i was a kid. Not sure about now adays.

Moose

Skateboard bearings are sealed, they don't need to be cleaned. Or at least the ones I had when i was a kid. Not sure about now adays.

Moose

Ahhhh. That would make sense. But I'm still wondering how you were able to quote someone four hours into the future. Now THAT'S a money-making ability!!

Bic, Matches (W/W), firesteel, fresnel lense, friction fire (paracord). Bic in my pocket, matches in my tobacco pouch, firesteel (x2) 1 in the pocket, one under the paracord on my sheath, fresnel lens in my wallet, friction fire in knife, sheath, and head.

Moose

Very cool. I need to add something besides the lighter and friction.

But you could ditch the tobacco. Think of it as part of your long term survival prep. In my CHL classes I always preach a little. If you are getting a gun to save you life...I also suggest buckling your seatbelt, quit smoking, lock you doors etc.

Very cool. I need to add something besides the lighter and friction.

But you could ditch the tobacco. Think of it as part of your long term survival prep. In my CHL classes I always preach a little. If you are getting a gun to save you life...I also suggest buckling your seatbelt, quit smoking, lock you doors etc.

I always wear my seatbelt, and lock my doors. The smoking, well, I went from 40 cigs a day to 8, and now I am rolling my own organic, additive free tobacco, and I am tapering off. Its not easy and this is not the first time I have attempted to break free, but I feel better now, and it is a happy medium for the moment. I will never go back to smoking production cigs, my tobacco is a fine import that is not easy to get, but it is a damn site cheaper. Thanks for the concern, it is most appreciated.

Moose

I think the sheath is a better spot for a bearing / divot than the grips. If not better, safer.

Moose - you can also get into pipe tobaccos. I started smoking a pipe about 3 years ago and have not looked back at cigarettes at all. I am going to take a wild guess and suggest you would like strong English / Balkan tobaccos with lots of oriental and latakia tobaccos.

Balkan Sasieni is my EDC pipe tobacco (can also be rolled if dry) - about $6/50gr.

I wear my seatbelt, but smoking is cool and it gives me something to do when I am drinking brown liquor.

I think the sheath is a better spot for a bearing / divot than the grips. If not better, safer.

Moose - you can also get into pipe tobaccos. I started smoking a pipe about 3 years ago and have not looked back at cigarettes at all. I am going to take a wild guess and suggest you would like strong English / Balkan tobaccos with lots of oriental and latakia tobaccos.

Balkan Sasieni is my EDC pipe tobacco (can also be rolled if dry) - about $6/50gr.

I wear my seatbelt, but smoking is cool and it gives me something to do when I am drinking brown liquor.

Pipe tobacco gives me a sore throat. I am smoking Stokkebye right now and I am enjoying it very much. The organic additive free stuff in not good for you, but its better than smoking carpet glue.

Moose

To smoke a pipe well, you have to break your cigarette habits - namely inhaling and taking big drags. Took me a while to stop puffing like a steam engine on my pipes. Getting a proper pack, good light and nice slow even draws makes a lot of difference.

I also do not smoke much flavored pipe tobacco. Most of them are inferior and will roast your tongue.

If your pipe is burning too hot or gurgling, probably smoking too fast.

It took me probably 6 or 9 months to get my technique down well.

The other upside of the pipe is it's a lot cheaper than cigars, which I also dig. I have a Rocky Patel VuDu waiting at home...

To smoke a pipe well, you have to break your cigarette habits - namely inhaling and taking big drags. Took me a while to stop puffing like a steam engine on my pipes. Getting a proper pack, good light and nice slow even draws makes a lot of difference.

I also do not smoke much flavored pipe tobacco. Most of them are inferior and will roast your tongue.

If your pipe is burning too hot or gurgling, probably smoking too fast.

It took me probably 6 or 9 months to get my technique down well.

The other upside of the pipe is it's a lot cheaper than cigars, which I also dig. I have a Rocky Patel VuDu waiting at home...

I used to smoke a pipe, we have a custom store here, actually a couple, but it fell out of favor with me. Some folks it works, for me it didn't, I smoked a pipe for about a year. I like my Stokkebye, its good for me, and really, an ounce of tobacco takes me about 5 days to go through, so, who knows.

Moose

Back