Calling it quits, no more damascus

I hate to hear you're having health troubles. I haven't been into Damascus in a good while, but from back then until now, yours was always highly praised. I hope you'll still be around. I have always enjoyed our conversations.

Just stumbled upon this thread, since it was linked from the CRK Facebook group. I’m not all that active on here, but I wanted to thank you for all you’ve done for the knife and metallurgy community over the years and being my introduction to quality Damascus. I’m a proud owner of one of your raindrop Damascus blades! You’re a true inspiration, my friend! Sincerely, your Cedar City buddy, Brandon! :thumbsup:

Aw damn, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Best of luck Devin!

Hey Hoss we newer makers are going to miss hearing from you. You answered a few of my posts and it was always with gentleness that encouraged the asking. Not an easy thing to do. Thanks for leaving us Larrin. So far I only understand 10% of what he is writing but I have big aspirations to get to 20%. I hope that you recover quickly and fully. Howard

Just stumbled upon this thread, since it was linked from the CRK Facebook group. I’m not all that active on here, but I wanted to thank you for all you’ve done for the knife and metallurgy community over the years and being my introduction to quality Damascus. I’m a proud owner of one of your raindrop Damascus blades! You’re a true inspiration, my friend! Sincerely, your Cedar City buddy, Brandon! :thumbsup:

Hey Brandon, please contact me.

Hoss

Wow this is sad to hear.
Makes some of my knives with your damascus that much more special.
Thank you sir for all you have done for the knife community.
Respect

Good luck to you Sir, health is the most important thing, I hope yours will improve and thank you for all you have contributed to the knife industry. Keep going as you are able!

Wow sorry to hear about your health! But glad you will still be around on the forums to contribute your hard-earned knowledge!

That's rough news everyone will be sad to hear of your leaving, but health is everything! best to you and your family sir!
G2

Best of luck devin and hope your health improves .may you enjoy your retirement.
Sad day for the knife world

If anyone knows where I can find a Devin T stainless billet or a piece of a stainless billet, PLEASE, let me know.

Sorry, for bumping an extremely old tread, but a shooter has to shoot their shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Back Jon,
Fill out your profile so we know where you live and a bit about you.

The forum rules don't allow buying and selling in Shop Talk. The only place that is allowed is The Exchange.
Bumping a 5-yer-old thread is called necroposyting and is frowned upon.

I edited your post to make it fit the rules.

Last edited:
Back