Camp Knife Challenge Results!!!!!

Do you have a digital macro setting on the camera? It looks like a tulip flower.
That setting allows for very detailed close ups. For instance. I just emailed you pic of Tina's left breast. Look at the detail surrounding the nipple.. Amazing eh???

By far the best knife review in BF, and I can only think of a few others in the same league, and they were written by professional journalists.

Thanks Brian for all the time you've invested. Absolutely great read. Thanks also to Pit for organising it and of course all the makers that dared to be compared. :thumbup:

Do you have a digital macro setting on the camera? It looks like a tulip flower.
That setting allows for very detailed close ups. For instance. I just emailed you pic of Tina's left breast. Look at the detail surrounding the nipple.. Amazing eh???

:D

Yeah man I do have that setting, doesnt work as good as yours though. :grumpy:

Good lookin out Tony. :jerkit:

:D

I shoot most of my pics with a Kodak easyshare....Does a good job, but Im wanting something that gets better detail close ups.... I cant seem to get mine to capture sharp images up close...Always blurry. :rolleyes: Ive tried differant compositions, light tents etc....I am thinking its actually my cameras limitations.....

Ruben posted up a nice camera once that he uses....Cant remember where though.....

I use an easyshare as well. What I've found is that you need to get further away from the subject and zoom a little. Then let the software do it's magic.

This thread is one of the reasons why the forums are such a great place to find out what you need to know about a knife before buying. You can cover everything in as little or as great a depth as you need to without the worry of a word count.

I applaud your effort here Brian. I've been looking for a good thin chopper to make short work of kindling as well as shelter stakes and so on for some time and its reviews like this that answer many questions folks like myself have.

Thanks for taking the time to do it and great job. :thumbup:

STR

Read through the whole thing again, and it truly is one of the best reviews I've ever read...and on such a grand scale! :thumbup:

Also, I'm extremely excited about my Fiddleback Hunter I'll be getting from Andy sometime this year :cool::thumbup::)

Terrific review, both the format and the content.

For those who said it was as long as some novels, you're not far off. I put Brian's review into PDF format, it came out to 20.1 meg and a whopping 197 pages! Truly an epic review. :)

The whole project was extremely valuable to me for those of us on an extremely tight budget who can choose only one of these wonderful makers this type of information is indeed treasured.

How do ya think design compares with those in the challenge, I drew it up as a possible knife for Mark Wohlwend to make.
Maybe we should have a Camp Knife Challenge 2 !:D

p9070002d.jpg

By Pitdog2010 at 2010-09-07

13 1/4" overall; 8" blade; 5 1/4" handle.

3/16" Admiral 8679m steel.

I like the way you think Pitdog, but I'd posit that we need a Belt Knife Challenge first.

Nah, something between an EDC and a "Camp" knife. Something like a bushcrafting knife.

For me, that means a knife to be used on a week long backpacking trip, hunting trip, or weekend canoe trip. I'm envisioning a 3.5" to 5" knife capable of typical tasks from food prep to fire making.

Smaller than a "Camp knife" so more practical for a "boots and sweat" type trek. And more substantial than a SAK for those of us who like to carry a real knife when out in the kudzu.

We've done a machete challenge and a Camp knife challenge; time for a Bushcrafter challenge. :)

Back