"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I have to admit, there are some useful features, once you adjust the alert settings and stuff to your liking.

I just discovered that if there are new posts in a thread while I'm still typing my response, there's a little pop-up saying Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?
Lots of bells & whistles, for sure.

There are a few alternate viewing options being worked on, one of them looks more like the old format.

]

Jack, my friend. You'll get used to ito_O It's not ugly on my Mac? Looks pretty much like the old form, a lot more white space.
One thing I did notice right away. It is very much faster. < That's good, isn't it ?

I got used to a broken leg at one time Alan! :eek: ;) I've not viewed the new site on my IPad yet, but on my phone and PC, it's UAS IMO ;)

It's ugly to be sure and this is the best format that exists so far...I tried them all. i hate that you can't see who's on the sub forum/ page /thread. Makes you feel alone! It must be fixed. It is faster and I'm adapting but....

Hang in there my friend!

I got used to a broken leg at one time Alan! :eek: ;) I've not viewed the new site on my IPad yet, but on my phone and PC, it's UAS IMO ;)

Humans can adapt to almost anything Jack, even Trump:eek::D
I have viewed on iPad, not on the phone. I think that is why there is less of need for Tapatalk which is what Spark is deciding. This software adapts to mobile devices much better. I just try to stay positive. All problems can be solved:(

I have to put my reading glasses on to view the new format!
clear.png
:(

And the dumcons don't work for me unless I type in the code manually! :(

Yes it's much harder to read! The emoticons work but they move around depending on what your quoting. And ...I agree ...the feeling on the site is just not quite right. The feeling is really important. Spark is working on some formats and I hope he gets more input and comes up with one that brings us home again ! I will adapt, and I do like a few things. I know this is going to be a process and I wish him the best and hope for the best.

OK guys. No politics in here, please. I don't want any thread in this forum to go down that rabbit hole!

I am liking the "like" button and I think the pics I am seeing are better quality? The pics I uploaded today, in the same fashion I always have, seem to look of much higher quality than they used to. Anyone else?

Hey guys. I have a really bad signal here in the hospital making it virtually impossible to navigate and respond to anything so this is my one shot. The hospital's wifi blocks the site because of "weapon content". Talk about going down a rabbit hole.......
I'm doing ok fellas and looking forward to interacting with everyone soon. Hopefully next week.

Gev, how do you try the other formats for viewing? This one is too pastel for me. o_O

Jeff...bottom left hand corner of any page...click on Default Style...up comes a window...select a style...to get back this screen looks different but trust it and click on it same as before and try another. They are all in Beta now so check back often. I hope for more and preferably a change to the default in time with all the suggestions. I'm sure that's the plan

Thanks, Gev, I found one I liked better. The original new format had me so confused I thought Gary had posted the answer! Corrected now.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have a really bad signal here in the hospital making it virtually impossible to navigate and respond to anything so this is my one shot. The hospital's wifi blocks the site because of "weapon content". Talk about going down a rabbit hole.......
I'm doing ok fellas and looking forward to interacting with everyone soon. Hopefully next week.
Thanks for stopping in, Bob! Good to hear you're doing OK. :D
Best wishes and best wifi! ;)

- GT

Glad to see you posting, Bob! Hope you are home soon. We're rooting for you!

Good gosh Bob. Weapons content? Hope things are going okay? By the time you have a good signal we will have this new forum all figured out

Interesting new feature is the ability to add tags to threads, which, if used wisely, can make it easier to search for things of a particular interest.

Back