"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Anybody seen Randy since the forum change? (@r reddon) He hasn't commented in awhile which is a bit unusual.
Joey, I quoted below a post Randy left here earlier this week about being gone for a while because of surgery. I encourage everyone to keep Randy in their thoughts and/or prayers.

I'll be off the Porch for a few day's starting tomorrow evening as I'm off to Charlotte for surgery on Thursday. I'll be in the hospital a week or two then a few weeks recovery time at home. Good news is I should be up and going for the summer. Just thought I'd let you know since several of you have been enquiring with PM's.

- GT

Joey, I quoted below a post Randy left here earlier this week about being gone for a while because of surgery. I encourage everyone to keep Randy in their thoughts and/or prayers.

- GT

Oh! I missed that! Probably when I wasn't used to the new forum and took a few days to figure out that 1) Tapatalk wasn't working and 2) sometimes I have to avoid change and to get back on the porch, I would have to embrace it.

Thanks, GT, I certainly will keep him in my prayers.

I'll be off the Porch for a few day's starting tomorrow evening as I'm off to Charlotte for surgery on Thursday. I'll be in the hospital a week or two then a few weeks recovery time at home. Good news is I should be up and going for the summer. Just thought I'd let you know since several of you have been enquiring with PM's.
Best of luck Randy, hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

Thanks a million for the update on Randy, Jack! :thumbsup:
Is he up to reading posts here, or taking part in "conversations"?

- GT

Thanks a million for the update on Randy, Jack! :thumbsup:
Is he up to reading posts here, or taking part in "conversations"?

- GT

NP, He only got the one text out to me, so Im gathering either he has a limited connection or/and is resting mostly due to the surgery. He should be outta there soon hopefully!

Our pal Randy has checked in, hes out of surgery and resting. Just felt yall should know hes doing alright.

Great news!!

Another subject.
I had the outstanding pleasure to meet both Tom Ploppart and Tony Bose today at a crawfish boil today. They came in to hang out with a guy I work with. Let me just say, those two gentlemen are super cool and down to earth. The pleasure was entirely mine. When you meet people at places that are part of their work, such as knife shows, you miss an entire part of their personality that you can meet at casual, non work related functions. And that was nice. If you ever get the chance, make sure you do. It's worth it.

You're welcome. :)

:thumbsup: Another Jerome K. Jerome fan! :thumbsup:

Three Men in a Boat is possibly the funniest book I've ever read, and that includes all the Jeeves and Wooster books. :thumbsup:

The new "thumbs up" emoji is kind of lame--like a throwback. And we now have "soft-serve"?:eek::rolleyes::D

Three Men in a Boat is possibly the funniest book I've ever read, and that includes all the Jeeves and Wooster books. :thumbsup:

The new "thumbs up" emoji is kind of lame--like a throwback. And we now have "soft-serve"?:eek::rolleyes::D
I'm a little torn. Three Men on the Bummel is right up there for me.

Glad you are on the mend, Randy.
Hope to see you full bore soon!!

Now can anyone tell me where my old PMs are??
My inbox is apparently full but someone stole it!
This new forum is making me crazy, and convincing me I am going blind, what with all the fade-outs and hidden stuff!!
Lord help me!!!

The new "thumbs up" emoji is kind of lame--like a throwback. And we now have "soft-serve"?

Way, way overused anyway. In fact some posters use it in every post they make. Cute but a little goes a long way. All the best to Randy.

Glad you are on the mend, Randy.
Hope to see you full bore soon!!

Now can anyone tell me where my old PMs are??
My inbox is apparently full but someone stole it!
This new forum is making me crazy, and convincing me I am going blind, what with all the fade-outs and hidden stuff!!
Lord help me!!!

They are called conversations now. If you click on your screen name at the top of the page you'll see conversations 4th down in the right column. All my old PMs showed up there.

There's a lot of good posts in technical support that are helping me make the transition.

This may or may not be the place for this but I've been on the porch here for a little while and commented on several posts and threads. I felt it proper to formally introduce myself in the traditional forum as that is what most of my knives are. I am TJ and am in eastern NC. My love of traditional knives began when a now passed on friend gave me a case xx mini trapper with red bone scales as a birthday gift at 11 years old. Since then my collection has grown and now I do own a few non-traditional folders as well. I do enjoy the knowledge sharing and input of information on this forum (this thread especially) and hope to share a bit of my limited knowledge with someone at some point also. Thanks for letting me tag along and learn!

Back