Photos Choppers

Cold Steel's Barong machete has an 18-inch blade and is 24/24: 24 inches overall length and 24 ounces of weight.

AcSHV4V.png

2nLN2f7.png

Sar3VLs.png

Fk4q8ky.png

Last edited:
I've used this thing on firewood, yard cleanup, downed tree limbs. It seems to work pretty well.

I agree.

A few months back, I opted to build a little "collection" of edged tools to remain behind seat of my truck. I capped the cost of every tool at <$50, in the event that my truck got burglarized. Most were in the $20-$40 range. I saw the Camp 10 on sale, watched a coupla' YouTube vids, and opted to score one as the "large knife" in my "truck" collection.

My first "need" for it was very organic. I was helping some of my Mom's neighbors haul some brush. The company that worked on the trees left much of the wood pretty burly, and it was hard to load and would not lay on the trailer very well. I remembered that I had the Kershaw in my truck and used it to reduce some of the larger limbs. I beat the crap out of it, and was shocked at how well it performed. It sustained a coupla' chips but just kept blazin' through that hard wood. I wish that I had a current pic to share.

Apologies for the long and pic-less post. I just wanted to share my $0.02.

It's been with me for 40 years and regularly punched above its weight. In my gear it quickly replaced an 18-inch machete AND a 6-inch belt knife. It's partner was either a Swiss Army Tinker or a first-generation Gerber Multi-Plier.

Bush Knife 1.jpgBush Knife 2a.jpg

Looks good for its age, dontcha think? ;)

It's been with me for 40 years and regularly punched above its weight. In my gear it quickly replaced an 18-inch machete AND a 6-inch belt knife. It's partner was either a Swiss Army Tinker or a first-generation Gerber Multi-Plier.

View attachment 2531396View attachment 2531395

Looks good for its age, dontcha think? ;)

Not so many scars! :)
I like the sheath! it is straight, you don't have to unbutton it, unlike many kukri sheaths.

Not so many scars! :)
I like the sheath! it is straight, you don't have to unbutton it, unlike many kukri sheaths.
My father taught me well on the use and care of edged implements, including machetes and other choppers. He also taught me several tricks and techniques about how to use them to maximum advantage.

True story: following Hurricane Frederic in 1979, we had nine sizable trees down in our yard. My father-in-law came over with his small chain saw to help with the clearing. He and I had two contests to see who could de-limb a tree faster -- him and his chain saw, or me and my 18-inch machete. I easily beat him both times, because I know how to get the maximum effectiveness from a machete.

The flimsy nylon sheath that came with this knife fell apart in short order. I had this one made by a shoe repair shop. The knife is held in by a slight friction, and the swivel joint sits exactly on my hip joint.

Last edited:
Back