Photos Choppers

My three favourite choppers, two L sizes, one M size:

xUdoRFJ.png
If the GI Tanto is China-made, please be careful with it:

^Sean, the nmfbmle and ztbme chopped the best for us but those might be tough or pricey finds. I think the best option from that line up in regards to value is the most current anorexic fusion battle mistress or battle grade version 👍
Hi, I am just getting into Busse knives. Could you please tell me what each of those are? They look the same only different!!

I accidentally mis-posted these pics on another thread. So now I am correcting the error:

Here are two more choppers.

Gerber BMF with modified Buckmaster sheath:

Gerber BMF and Sheath.JPG

EOD Knife made from Ontario M9 bayonet, with the same modified Buckmaster sheath:

EOD Knife and Sheath..JPG

The upper pouch on the sheath contains a multi-tool, mini-flashlight, cigarette lighter and a small ferro rod. The lower pouch contains an older Silva Type 27 sighting compass. The compass is exactly the right size to stuff into the smaller-type Buckmaster pouch, which I mounted upside down for better access.

The sheath is attached to an extension that drops the whole rig just below the hip belt on my frame pack.

Last edited:
It's been with me for 40 years and regularly punched above its weight. In my gear it quickly replaced an 18-inch machete AND a 6-inch belt knife. It's partner was either a Swiss Army Tinker or a first-generation Gerber Multi-Plier.

View attachment 2531396View attachment 2531395

Looks good for its age, dontcha think? ;)

I found a pair of those , or extremely similar, in a pawn shop around 96. I believe they were made by black Jack. Those knives were great. I chopped two full size couches into pieces so they could be thrown from a window ( cheaper than hiring a mover ).. No significant damage to the edges. I believe I traded them for a Benchmade 42 🤦‍♂️.

I just made a stupid mistake I already regret: I ordered a Skrama 240 without a sheath. I just didn't want to pay an extra $50, that's half the price of the knife! I had a couple of old sheaths that would fit, and they did, but not completely: because of the "reverse" blade geometry, I have either to insert it turning the handle over in my hand, or to have about half an inch of the blade exposed. I thought it would fit better.

UutRZww.png

OBylxjq.png

dSgSIXd.png

I’ve got a spare 240 sheath - just the hard liner / bag carry. It’s yours for cost of shipping if you want it. Message my profile page to trade emails

Last edited:
I found a pair of those , or extremely similar, in a pawn shop around 96. I believe they were made by black Jack. Those knives were great. I chopped two full size couches into pieces so they could be thrown from a window ( cheaper than hiring a mover ).. No significant damage to the edges. I believe I traded them for a Benchmade 42 🤦‍♂️.
Good eye. Yes, mine is a Sargent copy of the Blackjack Marauder. The Marauders (three variations on the design) are quite pricey these days.

Pacific Cutlery had a similar product and, when they became Benchmade, they continued production for a while. They, too, can be a bit pricey.

I’ve got a spare 240 sheath - just the hard liner / bag carry. It’s yours for cost of shipping if you want it. Message my profile page to trade emails

Thank you so much! Very nice of you! But I already have a hard liner, I bought the knife with it. I just want a real Skrama sheath, and I'm going to order it from Finland. I'm going to lose another ~$12 for shipping and $30+ for customs clearance; so I'll pay an extra 40 or 50 dollars I would have saved if I ordered a sheath together with my knife! Stupid, stupid! Losing money due to my own stupidity! 😭

Back