• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Chris Williams knife tried to rip me off for $5,150

I have done many of the things you have recommended and we have a permanent restraining order against him! I will look into the AG as I haven't thought of that yet... Thank you! I will now answer your pm here on the forum, I will spend the money and send at least one of those knives to be destroyed/tested. I don't say this because of my experience or animosity but the knives are really poor quality, I have been day dreaming about making a YouTube video where I destroy them just to show the world what I think about them. I think having them destroyed for a purpose would be much better.

People have been trying to expose him since at least 2013 and I'm sure the knife community has been dying to get one of these in their hands to confirm their suspicions. That time is now. I would like to send you at least one or two and we can send whatever is left to a steel company. Maybe we can send them all to you first and then we can send them to the steel company after? I'm not sure how expensive this might be but I'm willing to take this as far as I can. It's a small price to pay to bring a victory to all of us.

Might want to call the steel company 1st and see how much it's going to cost you, it's NOT CHEAP by any means.

Let me know what you want to do after.

This evening I received the following emails from someone claiming to be Chris Williams:

I apologize for the wall of text that follows, but this is how it arrived to me. I'm not going to try to edit this for readability.
The following message has been sent from Chris Williams <chris@williamsknife.com> (IP: 2600:1004:b00f:96f0:84d2:9e1e:c87f:9406) via the contact form at BladeForums.com.

Doxing
Let me start by saying this is not being directed at BladeForums or it's ownership in any other way than your asset is being used in direct violation of both your own site policy as well as Federal Doxing and Harrassment violations. I realize this will most likely be met with massive resistance, but for one second, please stop and decide if one individual should be capable of using your site in a way that violates aforementioned policies. One of your posters, using the alias Damage109, is now posting very personal information (albeit, completely false and unsubstantiated) pertaining to my home address, personal finances, etc. that could only be obtained through illegally pulling my personal credit report. Yes, do I have a mortgage on my commercial real estate that I used to purchase property like any other business owner taken out 3 years ago, of course. And do I own an Indian Motorcycle that I financed through them at 0% interest, yes. But this is personal financial information, at a minimum the latter in my personal name, however that could only be obtained through access to my personal credit report, of which he has no consent to do such. I am already in retention of counsel and have had numerous conversation with Law Enforcement pertaining to this situation. I have not brought up your specific site yet, as I have stayed far away from here out of respect for saying I would almost 5 years ago. I do not have the time to spend surfing internet sites, etc. However after being brought to my attention tonight, he is using your forum as a platform to broadcast very personal information. This is not only a direct violation of your own site policy stated clearly on the BladeForums site, but also a serious Federal violation of privacy. Not to mention your clear guidelines pertaining to the "Lynch Mob" prohibitation being strictly enforced. I have mounds of paperwork if you'd like to see how not only was this guy refunded his monies, but the knives in question were never requested to be returned for a refund (as a matter of fact I have emails stating how much he loved them), nor have they been; he simply disputed charges on credit card saying he never received, them, knowing we had UPS tracking receipts showing where he signed for them. His pictures on site clearly prove he did and this has been forwarded to the credit card companies in which he claims he never received the goods. The monies in question have long been swept from my accounts while the transactions are being reviewed by Square and his card companies. So I have no knives, nor any of the money. I haven't "ripped him off" of anything. He even agreed in his response to the BBB complaint he filed (of which we have documentation as well). I have only acted in disgust or Andre on one occasion, when on the day of my grandmother's passing, and his continuous sexist and violent emails that day, which I requested he quit sending; did I respond negatively when he said, and I quote, "Fuck your grandmother too, she was a cunt. Just like you." She had died 2 hours earlier. I'm certain you too would have been triggered at that point to let him know, enough was enough. I have all of this documented should you be so inclined to see. He's now posted numerous times to your forum with posts containing personal information, most seriously my home address that is strictly prohibited by Federal Law and considered doxing. Not to mention, his use of your forum, after both parties have been granted restraining orders as a means to try and communicate with me, is in direct legal conflict with the terms. He may think my products suck, he may think that I suck...I do not care one way or the other about that, that is not the issue...for each his own. I know the WHOLE truth about the very one sided story he is telling. It doesn't even matter what the BladeForum community thinks of my business, I most certainly don't wish I'll towards theirs nor stick my nose in people's livelihoods. What I do care about is my children's safety, first and foremost, my workplace safety and his total lack of disregard to use your forum as his platform to commit said violations. Your policies and guidelines are clearly stated. I will not respond to him on your site, as I actually AM following legal protocol and not communicating with him per order, and my ongoing case against him with law enforcement investigating him for doxing and harassment via the web. I respectfully request that you honor your own commitment to individual safety as outlined by your policies and put a stop to this violation. There are also repeated threats of harm to me personally throughout the thread from himself as well as other of your members; as well as posts related to the hopes for physical injury or harm. Again, a clear violation of your policy as well as Federal Policy. While you may or may not agree with my pricing or my product, that is not the matter at hand; it's hard to justify not agreeing with you're own BladeForum Policy. I respectfully request that this post be reviewed, as my team has done, and proper measures be taken to provide a safe environment for all individuals, both members of the site, and the general public, my family included, as a whole. I am requesting that you honor your stated guidelines and remove him from continuing to use a BladeForums in violation. In light of his continued aggression and growing cavalier approach to violating Federal Doxing Prohibitions, and Harrassment, as well as numerous cases of Libel, and threats and hopes of physical harm by both himself and other posters, it is opening up your site to litigation that you clearly have no business being drug into nor do I want that to even remotely happen. Thus I'm politely requesting you take a moment to consider the severity of his and others' actions and his and others' rogue use of your site as their medium. Your policy even calls for banning such activity and individuals, which should be exactly what should happen due to the severity of the situation at this point. I'll leave your interpretation for now up to you, but clear violations are present, and I ask you in an abundance of caution for my family, co-workers and myself, for this to cease and decist immediately. It was amusing when I read the first few lines, but now we have clear reason to be fearful and violated, of which we no longer intend to standby and be party to. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. I'm
grateful for your attention to the seriousness of this as internet laws have widely changed since 2012/2013. Don't let this gentlemen and others ruin a good forum you've clearly worked hard on and invested a lot of capital and time in a revamp, for your rationally minded, supportive members. Thank you!
Again, my apologies for that jumbled mess.

It was followed by another email:
The following message has been sent from Chris Williams <chris@williamsknife.com> (IP: 2600:1004:b00f:96f0:84d2:9e1e:c87f:9406) via the contact form at BladeForums.com.

Doxing, Harrassment, Threats - Removal of posts
Since sending my previous message literally 5 minutes ago, Damage109 has edited almost all of his original posts. Luckily we have screenshots since of everything prior. I suppose he's realized his violations of both site policy and Federal Policies. Again, out of an abundance of caution for my children, my family, my workplace, and myself, I respectfully request that you honor the guidelines outlined in your site policy to the full extent. He should not be able to act with such disregard, delete posts and think everything is fine. We plan to pursue every violation in which he's committed to the full extent. It is my hopes that he and his unsubstantiated claims vanish from BladeForums platform as you in no way condone nor solicit such violations, and shouldn't be a party nor burdened to the actions about to be taken against this individual and his Lynch mob. Thank you in advance for your attention and honoring your stated guidelines.

My response:
Mr Williams -

I find it strange that you are contacting us, since federal law hasn't changed in the years since the last time your behavior was discussed on our website.

I'd suggest that you research this topic, perhaps starting here: https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230

If you would like to pursue legal action against a user for defamation or libel, we will need a subpoena sent via certified mail in order to provide any information.

In the meantime, be advised that I personally respond poorly to threats, veiled or otherwise.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that you take some time to reflect on what led to this chain of events occurring, and why people take a dim view of the appearance of impropriety, especially when it pertains to copyright & patent infringement, counterfeit goods, false advertising & more.
Perhaps it would be wiser to spend more energy avoiding these situations rather than creating them.

Please note, I am making no claims about the accuracy of what he's stated, nor am I taking a position on what's been posted. This is the first I've read this thread, so I haven't seen content posted to it prior to my reply.

It is very funny to read that his personal information revealed is completely false and unsubstantiated albeit true.

Miso

I left a rather long post about my thoughts on this scoundrel in the thread about him selling knockoff Benchmade folders. It is too long to duplicate and I can't copy paste on my phone but the gist of it is who do we believe...

Damage who is humble, seems honest and admits where he crossed the line. Or Williams who makes a livlihood out of ripping people off?

Instead of CW buying a new Indian motorcycle, the money would have been better spent on psychotherapy. Surely with so much public opinion against him, one might hope that he would begin to realize he needs professional help.

Last edited:
Amazing. I'm sure he allows his children full, unrestricted access to one of the few places on the web that has revealed his scam. Now, all you meanies better think of the children and stop trashing him for being a con artist, or ELSE! :D

vW8NcwV.jpg

If he was just putting decorative handles, on Jantz blanks, he could have just stayed in the archives. I've bought supplies from Jantz, and their quality seems like a good value. CW crossed a big red line, when he had the audacity to clone a famous Benchmade design, and then threaten violence to an unhappy consumer. Instead of rectifying his mistakes, he is starting to bother Spark, and once again shifting the blame onto another person. I really can't believe that he ever graduated any university. If he was educated, he would have been smart enough to make all these problems go away. If he wasn't totally out of line, the judge would not have issued the permanent restraining order. How can he argue about that?

Last edited:
This evening I received the following emails from someone claiming to be Chris Williams:

My response:

Mr. Williams -

I find it strange that you are contacting us, since federal law hasn't changed in the years since the last time your behavior was discussed on our website.

I'd suggest that you research this topic, perhaps starting here:
https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230

If you would like to pursue legal action against a user for defamation or libel, we will need a subpoena sent via certified mail in order to provide any information.

In the meantime, be advised that I personally respond poorly to threats, veiled or otherwise.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that you take some time to reflect on what led to this chain of events occurring, and why people take a dim view of the appearance of impropriety, especially when it pertains to copyright & patent infringement, counterfeit goods, false advertising & more.
Perhaps it would be wiser to spend more energy avoiding these situations rather than creating them.

^ Awesome response, Spark- I enjoyed every brilliant word of it! :thumbsup:

If he was just putting decorative handles, on Jantz blanks, he could have just stayed in the archives. I've bought supplies from Jantz, and their quality seems like a good value. CW crossed a big red line, when he had the audacity to clone a famous Benchmade design, and then threaten violence to an unhappy consumer. Instead of rectifying his mistakes, he is starting to bother Spark, and once again shifting the blame onto another person. I really can't believe that he ever graduated any university. If he was educated, he would have been smart enough to make all these problems go away. If he wasn't totally out of line, the judge would not have issued the permanent restraining order. How can he argue about that?

I agree. "Making knives" out of blade blanks isn't a lynchable offense. I'm positive there are plenty of people selling knives who do just that, and as this poster mentions, Jantz quality is acceptable and can even be really good if you spend enough on materials. I doubt the majority charge the prices CW does, because they have some decency, but what CW charges and who is willing to pay it is between him and them and there's not much we can do besides inform those who bother to look with a google search.

The knockoff issue and unwillingness to issue refunds is another matter. He's paranoid enough at this point that he probably denies all refunds at first because he assumes people later did the homework on him and feel ripped off- as they should. In his sociopathy, once the con has succeeded- initially, anyone wanting a refund is "breaking the rules of the game". He feels he "got ya fair and square", and you should suck it up and leave him alone. Arguing with him is pointless, he'll never admit he's wrong about anything. The only thing that scares him is losing money and jail time. Only one of those two forces in play ensures, or at least increases the chances of, getting a refund.

So Mr. Williams also has a restraining order against Damage109? LOL.

"after both parties have been granted restraining orders as a means to try and communicate with me"

I wonder if CW was granted his restraining order by the same judge as Damage109?

I agree. "Making knives" out of blade blanks isn't a lynchable offense. I'm positive there are plenty of people selling knives who do just that, and as this poster mentions, Jantz quality is acceptable and can even be really good if you spend enough on materials. I doubt the majority charge the prices CW does, because they have some decency, but what CW charges and who is willing to pay it is between him and them and there's not much we can do besides inform those who bother to look with a google search.

The knockoff issue and unwillingness to issue refunds is another matter. He's paranoid enough at this point that he probably denies all refunds at first because he assumes people later did the homework on him and feel ripped off- as they should. In his sociopathy, once the con has succeeded- initially, anyone wanting a refund is "breaking the rules of the game". He feels he "got ya fair and square", and you should suck it up and leave him alone. Arguing with him is pointless, he'll never admit he's wrong about anything. The only thing that scares him is losing money and jail time. Only one of those two forces in play ensures, or at least increases the chances of, getting a refund.

You have a lot of great points. I'm still thinking that there is one more twist, which is that his sociopathy is kind of a cultural thing. His youtube property sale was 2.5 hours from Murphy Village, John's Island is three hours away, and his name is Welsh/Scottish. I'm guessing that he is a modern generation of the old Scottish, Welsh, Irish Celtic gypsy clans. They don't travel around in horse drawn caravans anymore, and while they love motor homes, many of them work their cons from a fixed location, using modern social media, and having more education than their ancestors. When I was selling on the road, I met one of the guys, and learned a lot about sales. They believe that it is their right to prey on the weaker, and less informed, the justification being that it's for the clans survival, since they are very family oriented. They would never admit wrongdoing, being stubborn as hell, and compulsive liars. They also like to make a lot threats, bullying their way as they see fit. It's in their ancestral DNA, survival instincts from an old world culture. This is just one of my speculations about what motivates CW.

Last edited:

I apologize for the wall of text that follows, but this is how it arrived to me. I'm not going to try to edit this for readability.

Again, my apologies for that jumbled mess.

It was followed by another email:

My response:

Please note, I am making no claims about the accuracy of what he's stated, nor am I taking a position on what's been posted. This is the first I've read this thread, so I haven't seen content posted to it prior to my reply.

I apologize for the drama and inconvenience, it was never my intention to cause anyone in this community harm.

The email states I have as well as many others on this thread have made threats against him... did I miss something?

So Mr. Williams also has a restraining order against Damage109? LOL.

"after both parties have been granted restraining orders as a means to try and communicate with me"

I wonder if CW was granted his restraining order by the same judge as Damage109?

It's not easy to get a restraining order of any type as you need to prove to the judge without a doubt that you might be harmed. It's extremely difficult to get a permanent restraining order because most anger is emotional/impulsive, most people calm down over time. A restraining order can take away some of your personal freedoms, the 2nd amendment being one of these. Judges always go above and beyond to protect the rights of the person to be restrained because taking rights from an innocent person isn't what this country stands for.

It's is extremely difficult for someone to aquire a permanent restraining order against a stranger who resides half way across the country, this is a rare situation. The judge needs to feel above and beyond without a doubt that this person might actually commit to this type of action. Our judge verbally agreed that the evidence pointed towards this being a strong possibility, his decision making also included what he felt was the need to protect innocent people beyond myself. He has no restraining order against me, I made no threats and I have never threatened or even wished harm against him. I have the truth on my side so there's no need for me to resort to this. If we ever came face to face I would stand to gain nothing from a physical confrontation. If I won I would have damaged hands but if I lose I look like an immature adult incapable of using the law or my brain to solve adult problems. How would this make my life any better?

He says there is paperwork... produce it.

Last edited:
It's not easy to get a restraining order of any type as you need to prove to the judge without a doubt that you might be harmed. It's extremely difficult to get a permanent restraining order because most anger is emotional/impulsive, most people calm down over time. A restraining order can take away some of your personal freedoms, the 2nd amendment being one of these. Judges always go above and beyond to protect the rights of the person to be restrained because taking rights from an innocent person isn't what this country stands for.

It's is extremely difficult for someone to aquire a permanent restraining order against a stranger who resides half way across the country, this is a rare situation. The judge needs to feel above and beyond without a doubt that this person might actually commit to this type of action. Our judge verbally agreed that the evidence pointed towards this being a strong possibility, his decision making also included what he felt was the need to protect innocent people beyond myself. He has no restraining order against me, I made no threats and I have never threatened or even wished harm against him. I have the truth on my side so there's no need for me to resort to this. If we ever came face to face I would stand to gain nothing from a physical confrontation. If I won I would have damaged hands but if I lose I look like an immature adult incapable of using the law or my brain to solve adult problems. How would this make my life any better?

He says there is paperwork... produce it.

^ As desperate as Chris Williams is proving himself to be (as evidenced by his email to Spark), I have no doubt that he's already working on fabricating some type bogus paperwork to bolster his claims of having received a protective court order against you. If he does in fact attempt doing this, I hope that you'll be able to get your hands on any potential fraudulent court documents, he may attempt to falsify.

I must say: this is turning out to be one of thee most interesting/fascinating GBU thread's I've had the pleasure of following, during my tenure here. It is my opinion, that Chris Williams, has met his match here! :cool: :thumbsup:

Keep up the good fight, OP. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

"I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight" John Paul Jones

^ As desperate as Chris Williams is proving himself to be (as evidenced by his email to Spark), I have no doubt that he's already working on fabricating some type bogus paperwork to bolster his claims of having received a protective court order against you. If he does in fact attempt doing this, I hope that you'll be able to get your hands on any potential fraudulent court documents, he may attempt to falsify.

I must say: this is turning out to be one of thee most interesting/fascinating GBU thread's I've had the pleasure of following, during my tenure here. It is my opinion, that Chris Williams, has met his match here! :cool: :thumbsup:

Keep up the good fight, OP. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

"I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight" John Paul Jones

All he did was verify my story, you can see lies in his email and he provided no proof of anything, provide that order to spark at the very least, prove to someone, anyone that those allegations hold any weight. There's nothing to validate those words. Words without evidence are just empty words. Any restraining order against me would require my signature.

The email states I have as well as many others on this thread have made threats against him... did I miss something?

Damage,
It appears that he is as unstable or possible worse than the previous thread here noted when he was exposed for putting handles on pre-made knives & Kitchen tools and calling them Hand made and designed by himself! Chris Williams of CWK's Not CW of Wilmont grinders whom is a knife maker whom grinds his own blades!

Thanks for adding the clarity of the Chris Williams in question!

I've read this entire thread and I don't remember you listing CWK's address or any other info that isn't on his Website!

He contacted me about the last thread when it was live a few years back and asked me what to do?
I suggested that he stop threatening people and be transparent about his knife making process! That's all the rest of us in the knife making community want! I told him there are plenty of guys that just put handles on pre-made blades!

He said he didn't want anybody knowing anything about his knife process, the language he used wasn't quite that clean!;)
I told him that he was going to have problems

When I started making knives These "Hobbyists" would look people in the eye and say, Well i don't grind the blade, But you can pick the knife you want and the kind of handle you like, and I will build it for you!

They also didn't charge 10-20 times cost!

Back