Club Platinum.....V

Status
Not open for further replies.
the SF is the designation for Short Frame, but it's misleading. it isn't shorter from top to bottom. it's a shorter distance from the back of the grip to the trigger. basically, the grip is small in circumference. i'm still not sure why they didn't call it the slim frame:confused:

an AR of a different flavor
this will be Jerms piece in Chicago(maybe with an aimpoint if he'd rather)
002.jpg

003.jpg

On the 20 small frame, wouldn't it make sense that there may be more felt recoil than on a larger frame model?:confused: My thinking being that the added mass would absorb some of the recoil.

On the 20 small frame, wouldn't it make sense that there may be more felt recoil than on a larger frame model?:confused: My thinking being that the added mass would absorb some of the recoil.

I was wondering the same thing - I think Glock also makes 10 veersion with a ported barrel - not sure if they would be interchangeable between models, but should be

i can't recall the exact difference in size, but it is VERY(milimeters) little. unless you have exceedingly small hands, you wont even notice. when I shot the 21 and 21sf, i couldn't tell a difference.

the SF is the way to go just to be on the safe side because I haven't ever heard anyone prefer the standard over the SF. I do know officers that got the 21sf because the standard 21 was to "thick", but found the SF to be too think as well. If i recall correctly the 20 is built on the same frame

I was wondering the same thing - I think Glock also makes 10 veersion with a ported barrel - not sure if they would be interchangeable between models, but should be

I've read that the difference in felt recoil between the ported and non-ported models is negligible...

Like Large said the difference is small. The weight difference is 27.68 oz for the 20 vs. 27.51 oz for the SF. Like I said before, the SF feels closer to a 17 or 22 than the 20 does. The 20C is the ported version of the 20. The slide is also ported so you you have to do a barrel and slide swap.

Even though the Glock is a light gun, the polymer absorbs a lot of recoil.

I am lookin at takin all these a2 and s7 blades to heat treat on monday,, then I can work on some of this d2. Lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back