CS 2010 Hawks

Well it looks like cold steel is making some new hawks. They all look great, I cant wait to get that spike hawk.
The info on the site leaves me wondering, is the pipe hawk functional and whats the diferance between the old frontierhawk and the new one? Just when I think I have all my future purchases maped out some company has to go and make more great products.:grumpy::D

i looked on coldsteel.com and couldnt find anything about new hawks. mind giving us a link brother?

There is a link at the top of the page labeled "New for 2010" or something to that effect. I think they're on page 5 or so. These just look like updated versions and/or new names for existing models. The differences appear subtle (assuming the posted pictures are accurate) and I suspect were implemented to reduce costs, but that is only an opinion.

The Spike Hawk looks groovy, but I'm surprised CS hasn't made a Spontoon type tomahawk yet.

nope 2010. I won't link, it might be concidered deal spotting.

but if you google cold steel special projects. and look at the NEW for 2010 button it has them on pages 5,6,7.

some look ok, not sure if they are pics or digitized examples.

EDIT: sorry JCinSC, I didnt see that you had mentioned this already. spot on info :D

Last edited:
GREAT! I don't have a Trail Hawk, yet, and now I'm wanting two of the new hawks! The new Frontier Hawk has gotten rid of the main feature that makes me avoid the current Frontier Hawk, the uplifted edge on the top of the blade! :) I like the new straight top edge.

The Spike Hawk will have to be my third purchase just "because!" :)

Great looking hawks!

I like the look of the trench hawk... hopefully the handle will hold up better than SOG's poly-pro fusion hawk handle (I broke 2 different handles on the Fusion within 30 minutes of using both).

The Pipe Hawk has got the good looks of the Rifleman but it's weight is right between the Trail and Rifleman. :thumbup:

HERE

Let's see the damn thing already

90SH.jpg

It does look interesting

and the pipe

90phh.jpg

i wonder if the pipe is functional?
i wish they would do a no nonsense balanced hammer poll, a smaller trailboss with a tapered teardrop eye.

I really like a couple of them.

The new Frontier, with the flat top:
90FH.jpg

Looks like the old Plainsman -- a good Iroquois style head.

And the new Spike Hawk:
90SH.jpg

I LOVE the contours of the spike like that.

I just wish they'd make their heads out of5150/5160 like the war hammer head.

i wonder if the pipe is functional?
i wish they would do a no nonsense balanced hammer poll, a smaller trailboss with a tapered teardrop eye.

The rifleman hawk isn't bad, but if you really want a nice hammer poll hatchet, check out a Vaughan 28oz framers hatchet at Lowes or Home despot. not a hawk, but you can actually grip the handle for pounding on things.

I really like a couple of them.

The new Frontier, with the flat top:
90FH.jpg

Looks like the old Plainsman -- a good Iroquois style head.

And the new Spike Hawk:
90SH.jpg

I LOVE the contours of the spike like that.

I just wish they'd make their heads out of5150/5160 like the war hammer head.

The new Frontier hawk looks a lot like the strap welded Indian made hawks i've had for just about ever. But that spike hawk is great - looks like it could put a world of hurt on a piece of steel. 5160 or even 4140 would be awesome steels for drop forging hawk heads.

I'll be having those.All of em.

I just looked under Tomahawks and found them.The spike hawk has a sheath too.Good thing that spike is a deadly looking thing.

Last edited:
if the handle on the trench hawk is the same as the polypropolene in the brooklyn smasher than it is indestructable within human means. its definately worth giving a try.

I like that spike hawk. I'll probably end up buying one.

I like the new Frontier Hawk too although I don't think I'll like it as much as my custom large Iroquois by Fort Turner.

IMO the most vicious item Cold Steel has offered is the War Hammer. I bought mine back in july and tricked it out and I dearly love the thing. My wife says it matches my personality whatever that means.

Still want to see a CS Spontoon 'Hawk though.

Back