CS 2010 Hawks

I know the old wooden-handled ones had problems with breakage...but I've never seen a photograph of a broken poly handle. I'd love to, if they're out there.

Not the same thing, but I recall Joezilla needing an hour with a sledghammer, anvil, and vodka to break one of Condor's polypro handles. I have a CS escrima stick and I can't forsee myself breaking it short of taking a saw to it.

I've managed to break a CS escrima stick--by bending it over my knee. It broke where there were bubbles on the inside of the stick. That would have been considered a manufacturing flaw, and replaced. On further inspection (sawing the broken ends) I discovered more bubbles. It was riddled with them.

On the other hand, all of their other polypropylene products are ridiculously tough. At the shop I work at in the summers we have a demo bokken that we bend end to end to show them off to folks. Polypropylene is bombproof stuff when it's done right. :cool::thumbup:

I like the idea of the Trench Hawk. But I SURE wanna' get my eyes & hands on one before writing the check. Any questions of longterm durability & I'll opt for the Spike Hawk. The specs say they weigh ~the same. After all, I've already got a good idea how much abuse the traditional haft design will take. Yep, a wooden haft can break & a head can loosen. But, done correctly, those are rare occurances.

Last edited:
Wish they'd put a spike on the norse hawk and double blade one, too - now that'd be some battle hawks.

Back