Damaging the Brand

Hah yeah, I don't give a shit, I was just pickin at ya. I said there was Chinese stuff and he said there's never been, so I just had to figure it out because although I am a bit of a burn out, I could have sworn that I read that only a couple days ago. And that's in the current catalog. I mean, maybe some crap promotional stuff stamped kabar with ink is one thing, but that one folder had me at first and I'm not a folder guy but I lost my EDC for work so I'm kinda lookin and I'm trying to stay brand loyal but there's nothing I like
really...

Anyway, looks like we both were trying to bust him and both succeeded

You're busted Moose! We're cashing in our prize,
Logan has the rum, I got the lash...be ready bud!

Yeah, got me.

I had totally forgotten about the China stuff. I honestly only deal with the 'Murican stuff.

Some of the Taiwan stuff.

I got a thing for big ass fixed bladez, ZT and Spyderco gets ma money for folderz. And again, only the American stuff.

Name your price/prize and we'll see what I can do to make it happen.....

Moose

Moose

Lol, well, I said we got the rum and lash, you fill in the rest!

I don't need any prize bro, just hook me up with them 3 4's for my Krew #. If you insist on a prize, throw it into a GAW...

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks for this thread and very handy information. Until now I was quite dubious about knives made in Taiwan but upon all this having been brought to light I have made the intoxicated decision (damn you Wild Turkey) to pull the trigger on the ZK Tanto and War Sword. Whilst you guys now get them in that delicious 1095cv we all know and love, the only ones I can find offered by my local dealer are the SK5 Taiwanese versions. BUT knowing now that they're not as bad as I once thought I'm confidant that it won't be a poor decision. I'm going to have one last dig around on the intertubes to see if there is a bonified Aussie retailer of the 1095cv versions but failing that I'll make my purchase after my next very stiff glass of the turks.. Thanks again guys.. Love springy. (I get all mushy when I'm drunk)

I've got one of the SK5 Taiwanese versions, and its done a lot of work for me. You'll be just fine with that version. The only really big difference is the funny hook at the end that the USA made ones have (and the steel of course). If you dig around in here you'll find a few threads I've started about mine. I had my SK5 one bend about 30degrees or so once when batoning, and once I got it out, it went back to being completely straight. The HT on these things is done right :D.

Yeah, got me.

I had totally forgotten about the China stuff. I honestly only deal with the 'Murican stuff.

Some of the Taiwan stuff.

I got a thing for big ass fixed bladez, ZT and Spyderco gets ma money for folderz. And again, only the American stuff.

Moose

Eh, I'd feel like a jerk/tool if I asked for something from you. I got my laughs when I posted the link to your own thread to answer your question :D.

Maybe if you feel so inclined, text time /if I ever win a GAW, just throw in a little something extra and we'll call it good :p.

Last edited:
Alright, alright......I'll hopefully have ma swag bag opened up here in a little bit. Some asshole used a midhipman's hitch with a constricton knot to cinch it down. I know it wasn't me because I can't tie them knots.......prolly OKB.......damn Spartans....

Prolly have to cut this bag......which sucks...it's a nice bag......high thread count and sparkles.......I like the sparkles. Looks like it might have been bedazzled too.....

Moose

Moose,

Making the rash assumption that you are, for realsies, having a "knot issue" and don't have a marlin spike, get an 8p or 16p nail and use it as an impromptu marlin spike to loosen the knot.

Moose,

Making the rash assumption that you are, for realsies, having a "knot issue" and don't have a marlin spike, get an 8p or 16p nail and use it as an impromptu marlin spike to loosen the knot.

Those are harder to use than knives. Hooves man, hooves.......

I should prolly just trample the damn thing then eat some grass.....

Moose%20Hoof%20Classification%20Page.jpg

Moose

Thanks again Logan. Thats allayed my fears even further. It wasn't really the steel (I did a bit of research on SK5) that had me concerned, it was the HT. I'm glad it's on the money though.

As for the little hook dooverlackey, the picture I saw prior to purchase has them. I really hope it has them. That and the little bonus knife that's offered on the Kabar site. And the cool patch. Geez, I don't ask for much do I..

My Grass Machete got a little bent, but it popped right back to straight. :eek:

P1030623.jpg

No problem :).

Here is a photo of the bend (well, after I'd finished panicking and had backed the knife out a bit). The original bend was about double this IIRC.

1003836e.jpg

And here is the thread the photo was from.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-vs-KaBar-ZK-War-Sword-(PHOTO-HEAVY-and-EPIC)

Hopefully this gets you excited for your blade :D.

Man, that IS an excellent review. I remember reading it a long time ago and got all four horseman, you did a fine job there friend!

Logan that review was amazing mate! Excellently structured and very well thought out. It has seriously got me frothing in the frothy bits for my ZK's! And also for the fact I'm getting another 9 and 2! Thanks again Logan and everyone else for the great info.. Springy.

Bottom line, if it says KA-BAR, it's quality

That simply is not the case with the models I refer to in the OP.

And that is my point. It's not a matter of location of production. It's a matter of quality of production. Note I pointed out that KA-BAR does not warranty these models - Big 5 does. That says pretty much all one needs to know about them.

Back