Off Topic Damn shame... (Photobucket)

Jaxx

Sorry, folks, but it seems that all of my image links are all broken thanks to Photobucket deciding to hijack accounts for just about 400 bucks yearly just to host images you can link elsewhere...
Over 10 years of pix posted here, over 1000 pix posted... :\
Oh well... not paying ransom, so that's that. Off to D/L my images and close the account.
Good riddance. FUPB...
Imgur, Google pix... Yer up! ;)

Goodfellas-Photobucket400.jpg

yep, mine is still flying at the moment, I have a paid account but that level no longer exists, I am at the moment assuming that I will be "OK" till this paid term expires at which time I would need to pony up the $399 they are extorting. Like many I suspect they will be DOA in 12 months at this rate. Even if I were going to pay I would not go with them on principle now.

yep, mine is still flying at the moment, I have a paid account but that level no longer exists, I am at the moment assuming that I will be "OK" till this paid term expires at which time I would need to pony up the $399 they are extorting. Like many I suspect they will be DOA in 12 months at this rate. Even if I were going to pay I would not go with them on principle now.

Precisely.
D/L your pix NOW before it runs out. Save yourself my headache. Can't even back up my PB albums using Dropbox at this point... :\

You should be able to download your pics still (I grabbed mine last night after all my links went pear shaped). Took a while, but the download album button grabbed them all in a zipped file.

~Chip

Wow, I just found out about this so I just did a little additional reading about it. What a truly terrible business decision they have made. They have managed to unify everyone's hatred of their service. They make some revenue initially so that website's can get their pics back online quickly, but everyone will have a plan for finding alternative picture hosting.

Sucks to see that Jaxx, your pics helped me learn a lot about the Busse Brand and fall in love with them!!!

Sorry you lost all of your images, I hope you find a way to recover them!

Well how many of us are already pay for cloud storage , can we link to that

Just set up a Imgur account.
Test
PgNStks.jpg

Last edited:
Is it $399 or $30 annual?
......mine was @$39US pa, it is for renewal in April 2018 or so. There is no similar option now and it looks like to get the same functionality it will be $399. They wont exist in two years.

Dang I use photobucket, I already hated the slow to load images and constant ads. I'll be retrieving all my knife and personal photos, then deleting the account.

You should be able to download your pics still (I grabbed mine last night after all my links went pear shaped). Took a while, but the download album button grabbed them all in a zipped file.

~Chip
Thank you! :thumbsup:
Seems there are missing pix in my albums too. Their image is scattered about at random through several albums... THAT is no bueno...wonder what I lost. Sent a little note, guess we'll see.

Who said watch them fold up in corporate suicide? Seems like it...so odd, so frickin' greedy. Angers me because I've been on PB since 2005, mebbe very early '06...u know...back when they NEEDED folks to try them out and tell their friends...now, of course, it's the usual corporate line...fu payme. :poop::thumbsdown:

Oh crap. I'm in the same boat as Andy. I'm paid up for a time. No way I'm paying any more than I have.

I'm soooo dam lazy and hate having to lean new systems (hence why changing banks, upgrading software and the new BF interface all give me the sh*%s!!!)

Lawrie

I lost 600+ linked pics in this and other forums too. As if their ads were not tiresome enough...

they're PhotoPhucket now, hope they burn in hell

I'm in the same situation, however on the phone app the $30 per year option is available. I'm looking for other options though as I delete old pics and save the ones I want.

It really sucks that a lot of the photo threads will be junk now, :cool:

Back