EDC Passaround

Gotta keep up that barefoot hillbilly southern sterotype, lmao!! :D I can say that because I live just a few miles
down the road and I'm barefoot right now. :p Chris, Five Fingers has some of thier stuff on sale right now. My son
is on his second pair of these right now. Only thing is they can get to smelling pretty ripe sometimes.
Thanks Wayne, Ive been wanting to try out a pair but never have done it yet.
I am shipping the knife to Essublime in the morning. Just go in order so that it will be easier to keep up with and let me know when it goes to the next guy. That way I can update it and everyone will know when to be expecting it. Also, would the next guy in line please pm your address to the one before you?

Facablade, Ive never really been a fan of jimping. To me, it doesnt add anything to a knife of this size. It works on bigger blades pretty well though.

DON"T SEND IT HERE!

She's already announced:

The next knife that shows up here with an antique finish, I'm KEEPING!

She already 'claims' my collection of antique homemade butcher knives, made from handsaw blades by my Grandfather,before I was born.

I want in! I pmed my info.

Apparently when I replied to this thread the first time around I missed the whole "this is a passaround" stuff and went straight to the knife pron and your barefeet chris

Thanks Mudbug! Thats the last one. The knife should be to Essublime tomorrow.

This should be interesting. Great looking knife, and now there will be 8 very different and varied opinions on it's uses and features.
Good idea Chris, and thanks from the rest of us for "volunteering" this pass-around knife to be used and abused . . . (get it, "Tenn.", "volunteering" ) . . . ah, never mind . . . . ;)
Be safe.

Yeah Bill, it will give me a bunch of different views on the knife. I think if I have time Im going to start doing a passaround with all my models. I can use all the feedback I can get.

Yeah Bill, it will give me a bunch of different views on the knife. I think if I have time Im going to start doing a passaround with all my models. I can use all the feedback I can get.
. . . smart business ploy right there. will save all of us from having to subscribe to Consumer Reports to find about your knives . . . . :D
Be safe.
p.s.: Another thing with the so-called "2nd's" you end up with, I am sure a lot of guys on here, myself included, would have a spot for a "2nd" in their shop, barn, tool box, truck, or just about anything else they do not want to use one of their "regular" knives on.

Well I had some spare time to mess around with the new funky KFU EDC today. First I would like to thank Chris for giving us this cool opportunity to try out his knives before purchasing them & I hope he continues to do so with his new models in the future. I must say overall this knife is very comfortable in the hand and I did appreciate the blade & handle style. It also came packaged with a beautiful leather oak leaf sheath. Nice looking traditionally styled combo. All of my uses were indoors today due to the crappy weather out. Just some everyday things I used it for today was to cut para cord, zip ties, various types of rope/tape, webbing, & plastic wrap. It was very handy to open mail, open tough plastic packaging, trim stray threads, remove staples & in food preparation. Also helped me out wrapping some last minute Christmas presents. It performed excellent and without effort while I was using it on all those items. It was a little slower going completely through cardboard but still did great. The wharnie would be better suited for that purpose anyways. The more I used it the more the style suprisingly seem to grow on me. As far as smaller KFU knives go, I might like this new funky style a little more than say the bushpal or wide bladed EDC. It will probably be first on my list of orders for the new year but I have some ideas to make it my own. Great job again Chris. Next off to Mykel...

Eric

Oh boy,I'm next!
Thanks for the opportunity Chris,I'm lookin' forward to giving it a go also.:cool:

I've got some rebar that needs cutting' & cement that needs broken up.
That should give it a good workout eh?And don't worry,I'll sharpen it on the belt sander at work afterwards.
It won't have that mirror polished edge for Joseph,but it'll saw through a bone if need-be.
Heh heh,just kidding y'all.;)

It sounds & looks like a good knife for the everyday things we need a knife for Eric,thanks for your thoughts on it.

Oh & I've got your addy off the Skinner package Joseph,so I'll get it to you as soon as I can.

Again,thank you Chris,for the chance to try out a new design,very cool of you.

Back