EDC Passaround

Clich is next up Vik and thanks for the review. It is a little funky looking huh!

I like it - but then, I'm a little funny looking, too.
at least, I think that's why SWMBO is always laughing at me...

The funky edc has arrived. Now, let me start by saying that this is supposed to be a review and as such i need to be critical. Sorry chris im not gonna blow smoke up your butt :D What i will do is give you my solid, honest opinion on how i feel this blade feels and performs. So here are my initial impressions, and comparison to my favorite KFU blade, the wide blade edc. I will edc the funk-ster over the weekend and give a final review, then pass it on monday.

First off the sheath is very nice looking. The pattern really makes it pop and goes well with the with the "stand out in the crowd" knife that goes in it. Although for me, personally, an edc needs a pocket sheath since carrying a knife on my belt doing errands and around town will get me some strange looks. Thats actually why my wide blade edc is going out tomorrow to skystorm. But to each his own, and thats just me personally.
photobucket-777-1328227406849.jpg

Compared to my wide blade edc, the funky is just a bit longer. Now as for the handle it definetly is comfortable, its right there in comfort level with my wide blade. They are apples and oranges however since the width is drastically different in hand. I thought that the wide blade length was the ceiling for an edc fixed blade, but an extra length in the handle may not be a big deal. The edge comfort wise goes to the wide blade on grip ONLY because of all the different grips i use, the reverse grip on the funky wasnt comfortable. It didnt really fit reversed. Now thats not like a deal breaker, but since this is a review its worth mentioning. Every other grip was comfortable, especially with the thumb on the spine. The osage handles are gorgeous as with all your handles chris, and surprisingly i like it with the orange liners. Im not a big "in your face" color type of guy but this combo looks very natural together. One other thing thats worth mentioning at this time, is the blade shape. The belly of the funky is more forward and seems like it may be more workable for tasks around the tip like drilling, while the wide blade has the belly more toward the handle, which makes it seem more well balance but not as able to do some of the things as well as the funky. Oh yeh and of course the convex is amazing as usual chris.
photobucket-1650-1328227360296.jpg

photobucket-5337-1328227297084.jpg

photobucket-5209-1328227273513.jpg

photobucket-1688-1328227253878.jpg

There is ONE thing that i need to mention, I think it needs more of a guard. My finger slipped a few times just changing grips around and it was almost a bloody mess more than once.

Thats all i got for now, I am gonna use her well this weekend and will post up my final thoughts later. Thanks again chris for the chance to try it out.

oh yeah, and random shot including my bare foot :D
photobucket-2345-1328228999430.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Clich and nice foot shot, we are alike! Yeah, it needed a guard, Mtn Wildman offered that advice as well. The only other one that I have done went to Essublime and I added a guard on his. Tell me what you think for sure, thats what its all about. It helps me with my designs and lets me put out a better product

Here is a pic of the guard that Chris put on my funky

P1010349.jpg

As far as the funky's grip width compared to the wide blade edc; it seems as though my funky's grip is thicker than my wide blade. But the passaround seems thinner than Clich's wide blade. But then again that is the beauty of custom knives; no two are alike...

P1010357.jpg

Last edited:
That guard looks good. Yeh the passaround is a little dangerous lol. It may come back with a blood patina before I'm done

Last edited:
Damn! Looks like it needs a guard! Clich, send it to me when your done and Ill put a guard on it. Dont want someone else getting cut

Well if it ain't called already I may just have to buy it when this is all over. Its got a piece of me now

Damn clich, positive thoughts my man, positive thoughts . . . . ;)
Hopefully you were not in need of any stitches and maybe just a steri strip or two. And if you are a firm believer in karma, you best make Chris an offer on that knife . . . . you and it are now blood brothers and bonded for life. Anyone else gets ahold of it and there's no telling what damaged it will to do to them because you let it get away . . . . . :D :D
Be safe.

Just two steri strips. Ill def buy the knife but I thought someone already had dibs

Let me see if I can make a guard on it. I think I can reprofile the edge and make it work. If not Im going to keep it as I don't want anyone else cutting themselves. BTW, they are brown liners Clich! I did notice that the Osage is turning which is cool. That stuff goes from yellow to all sorts of colors when it gets light.

instead of reprofiling the blade, just make the finger notch a bit deeper and leave it steep at the front - maybe use a 3/4" diameter drum sander to reshape it that little.

Just two steri strips. Ill def buy the knife but I thought someone already had dibs
It bit'cha...it's yours clich. :cool:
I relinquish my dibs of the Funky one to the bloody fingered one.

Ill let you two work it out! Mykel had first dibs, Clich tainted it. Either way, 50.00 to the winner. Fair?

Back